When a post is unmoderated, it does not get put back in the search

Reproduction Steps
When a job post gets moderated and removed from the search, and then unmoderated / accepted again, it is not put back into the search, leading to an extremely frustrating experience as nearly no one will apply for that post, requiring a duplicate to be created.

Expected Behavior
I expect the post to be put back into the search, specially when it’s the latest post.

Actual Behavior
The post is not put back into search. It essentially becomes a “ghost” post.

Issue Area: Talent Hub
Page URL: Talent Hub
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Constantly

Edit: I can’t even create a duplicate post. Whenever this gets looked at, please put my job post back into the search. Talent cannot find our post right now.

12 Likes

Hey!

Thanks for reporting this bug. The team is investigating this issue!

5 Likes

Hi!

The job should be visible in search, but the timestamp, and its location in search results, will match the time that you updated the job. You might need to go to the second page to see the job or you can apply filters relavant to your posting to narrow down the results.

Can you confirm that you see your job posting in search results?

2 Likes

It does seem to appear now, yes. However, when it was unmoderated initially I could not find it anywhere on the list (nor could my team). Not sure what could have happened but I guess it works now.

Also although unrelated, I’d like to add that the moderation on the Talent Hub is extremely confusing right now - changing a single letter was sufficient to have the post not appear as moderated again, and I do not see any reason the post would be moderated, but I’m glad there’s progress

Edit: Perhaps there could have been some confusion with the creation of this post? I’m not sure, maybe we could be using the wrong filter options. I’m not sure either way, but I’ve decided to create a feature request for the timestamp aspect instead, as I believe it would better improve the overall experience. (This post can be closed)

2 Likes