When entering game and sitting down in a seat for the first time all seats and vehicle seats break client-side

Reproduction Steps
No known cause and I cannot reproduce it. I get 4/5 player feedback an hour reporting this issue.
Must enter game then sit in either seat or vehicle seat. Jump out then engine will not detect anymore seats in the whole game after this point. Also after this point you cannot reset you character.

Expected Behavior

Player should be able to sit down in a seat. Player should be able to reset character.

Actual Behavior

I was not able to record in my game. But this is an exact reproduction from Work at Pizza Place.
Note: Scooter in video did not have a vehicle seat just like my game.

Workaround
None.

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Critical
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-08-21 00:08:00 (-06:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-08-26 00:08:00 (-06:00)
A private message is associated with this bug report

18 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

5 Likes

So far none of us have been able to reproduce this ourselves in Work at a Pizza Place or in attempts to create a reproduction Studio. Is there any other reproduction steps?

3 Likes

This may just be an issue only in the game itself, unless there’s footage of it happening in other games?

So Pizza Place was an example of the issue recorded. The issue reported is for Brookhaven RP.
Sunday night, the 23rd, was the last time I was able to witness the problem. That night I went into Brookhaven servers on mobile and on PC, both platforms had the same identical issue. These last few days I have tried over 100 times on my game and 20 to 30 times at pizza place but have not witnessed it again. But with a high player count of Brookhaven, I’m getting about 4 to 5 bug reports an hour on this problem. Again the only way that I know how to reproduce it is to sit in a seat. Thanks

2 Likes

When did you receive the first report or first witness the problem? That would help us narrow down potential causes on our end.

1 Like

Looking in the feedback history I started getting a few isolated incidents on Saturday / Sunday. I witnessed it myself twice Sunday night, but Monday at 1:00PM is when feedback started flooding in. Thanks

2 Likes

This is anecdotal and might not be related, but I noticed this occurring in Build a Boat For Treasure a couple days ago. Sitting in a seat would only work once and if you jumped out, you’d have to reset your character before being able to sit down again. Thought it was a bug specific to the game but after seeing this I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a Roblox issue.

1 Like

Is that issue still occurring for you? I tried joining and am able to sit in seats.

Nope I just joined right now and it seemed like it was working fine. I noticed the problem a couple days ago when building with two friends and placing seats on the same boat. We all had the issue where we could only sit in a seat once per character reset. Today I just tested it on my own and everything was working fine.

2 Likes

This occurred for me around August 23rd 8:09pm EST time @ [🎄⛄ UPDATE] 🦊 Red Foxes Grammar School - Roblox

I was able to replicate it myself although after shutting down the game they worked perfectly fine after that

3 Likes

Getting tons of reports on this problem again. Got in the game 3 times and it did it every time.

3 Likes

My game has the same issue at the moment and its 100% reproduceable.

1. place a main pilot seat and spawn in with the green plane button
  2. jump out
  3. try to get in the seat again by standing ontop of the red part.

https://www.roblox.com/games/166986752/Plane-Crazy

3 Likes

Same issue in my game to. When you take a seat, get out of the seat you can’t go sit again. https://www.roblox.com/games/5222461597/Utrecht-The-Netherlands

2 Likes

In my game this issue is 100% reproducable as of right now.
The steps and place are in my reply above.

2 Likes

Does it in Work at Pizza Place.

2 Likes

We are currently investigating, thanks!

8 Likes

The same happens to me in other games

2 Likes

This error happens in any game that includes a seat or car. It is happening to me too.

It happens in every game. I can’t sit in any seat more than once. If I sit in it once, I cannot sit again.