When equipping "Adorable Puppy" face, your face goes invisible

Intro

Hi everyone, so I was going through Roblox and I noticed that Roblox came out with a new face. The “Adorable Puppy” my thought is this is faceless seeing as Roblox uses decals and for some reason it might have to go through the moderation bot. Not only that taking off and putting it back on quickly will cause you to have no face any where your avatar shows up even in game!

Specs

I’m using Safari version 13.1.2. but don’t think that matters.

Repro

• Buy this face.
  • Go to the avatar page.
  • Equip and remove it till it stays with no face.

Proof

23 Likes

I don’t have a screenshot, but it is easily provable. If you zoom in until your head is partially transparent. You can partially see the face. I don’t know why this is or if it helps.

3 Likes

The glitch happened to me as well not just you, in some games the face just shows as the Adorable Puppy and not faceless.

3 Likes

In test mode in studio, the face actually is on the “Top” surface, but when your head’s transparency is greater than 0, you can see it appearing on the Front surface. Very strange bug.

EDIT: Something even stranger, when the transparency is 0 and the face is changed to Front, the face appears in low quality. However, when the transparency is made higher than 0, the face changes to high quality.
ezgif.com-gif-maker (1)
EDIT 2: This apparently happens with all faces. Strange… maybe it’s for optimization?
badq goodq

7 Likes

To any admin reading this, heres how to fix it. Make the transparency of the face to 0.001. Whoever redid it made it 0. Edit: If you zoom in, you can see the face. Try making the face closer to the well, face.

2 Likes

What device are you on because I’m on mobile right now and it’s still broken.

2 Likes

It’s been patched try joining a game and it won’t work.

3 Likes

I don’t think it was patched. image

It’s fixed, but it’s low quality just like @formy2kids said.

I would just like to add that the face doesn’t show up for me and it’s still invisible. I’ve come to the conclusion that because of this bug where my username doesn’t match up in the search so maybe their script that fixed it didn’t update seeing as my username is messed up.

Edit: Or maybe because I haven’t changed my avatar yet.

If you change your avatar it will be fixed. if you created an outfit with the face on before it was patched then you will be able to have your avatar faceless on the website but not in game.

It’s more or less a visual bug on the website now.

2 Likes

Several months later this is still happening.

2 Likes

EDIT: Few days later this was patched

3 Likes

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved?

1 Like

Yes, this issue has been fixed.

Alright. We will consider this issue as resolved. If this issue is still occurring, please create a new topic for us to look into

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.