When I shutdown my game players vanish and stay on camera mode without getting any message to rejoin!

I have no idea, this doesnt happen anywhere but my game, even my soft shutdown script wont work, its not finding the players as if they got wiped off Players service

Your language is non-understandable. I don’t get a single thing. Could you write it more readable, please?

Alright, so look whenever i hit shutdown all servers all players characters just get deleted and they can only move their camera, they also don’t get the shutdown message popup which says that you can either rejoin or leave, they just stay like that unless they exit themselves

If you mean the Shutdown All Servers button in the roblox game settings, then it should work. But if you made a shutdown button, then you might’ve done something wrong.
If it’s the default button, then I don’t know why that happens. It usually takes place when all the players from game.Players are removen.

i know how to fix this all you have to do is make the game private for a spilt second then make it public then it has kicked the players out because the game server can not do actions when the game is private

i feel like Roblox was made in 2.2 seconds and then published because they have alot of bugs 15 yrs later

This is a bug, for quite a long time. I can’t find the exact topic rn but it exists. Are you teleporting your players to a reserved server or another place? It seemed to be resolved for some, but for one of my games it still doesn’t work properly.

Edit: seems to be a problem mainly for :Kick() but could very well be the source of your problem

game:BindToClose(function()
   for i, v in pairs(game.Players:GetPlayers()) do
       v:Kick();
   end;
end)

This might work. Put this anywhere on the server.

I mean the shutdown all servers button, the default one.

will that fix it from not displaying the shutdown message?

No I ain’t kicking the players, its just whenever I shutdown all servers.

Yea when the game goes private it deletes EVERY Player Script and it will say “Game Owner Has Shut Down Game” Or whatever

I used bindtoclose for my soft shutdown and it doesnt even wait or anything, once I shutdown it deletes the characters of the players and it also destroys all of the guis

Yes, but the server automatically kicks all players. It might not be the same, but I had a similar issue a while ago and it could be related. What I did was teleport players to a reserved server and kicked them. Then, exactly what you said, they could fly around but no kick message was shown.

I don’t want to make the game private then public everytime I want to update, also that will prob do the same thign since its using the same action as what the shutdown all servers is using

It does it all the time though, its not something that happens rarely, its everytime I shutdown all servers.

Have you tested @RigidVellerium solution?

I’ve never said it happens rarely. It used to happen all the time. Again, I was kicking players and not shutting the server, but it’s essentially the same thing.

I made a soft shutdown yesterday, which means I used bindtoclose and it doesnt help at all.
Nothing changed, when its looping through the players its finding noone

1 Like

Its honestly so weird I’d appreciate if any of u has a solution to fix this, its really annoying!

1 Like

How bout this,