Where can I find the textures of smooth terrain?

Quitte, literally the title.

5 Likes

What do you mean with the textures of Smooth Terrain? The Terrain System?

1 Like

The textures as in materials I mean.

1 Like

He wants to know where he can obtain the files to the textures. You cannot save the textures because they are under a different file format. There are no images that you can use.

Edit: While yes you can find the images in your local appdata folder, they aren’t going to have any color information and you will have to rebuild the materials.

Like @SturdyStubs said:

However, you can change the colour of grass or water in the Properties Tab.

1 Like

C:\Users\Personal\AppData\Local\Roblox\Versions\version-6f0d3c844a16492b\PlatformContent\pc\textures

2 Likes

That only changes for you, not for everyone.

1 Like

I know, he is asking where he can find the textures, not to change them.

3 Likes

Path to textures:

1. Go to ‘C:\Users\ (username of your PC account) \AppData\Local\Roblox\Versions’
  2. Select the latest version by looking at the modified date.
  3. Go to ‘content’
  4. Go to ‘textures’
  5. Go to ‘TerrainTools’
    Now you should have the location of the textures.

Path to materials:

1. Go to ‘C:\Users\ (username of your PC account) \AppData\Local\Roblox\Versions\version-9276b820337a4e49\PlatformContent\pc\terrain’
    Now you should have the location of the materials.

If you can’t find the username of your PC account:

1. Windows Key + R
  2. Type ‘cmd.exe’
  3. In Command Prompt, type ‘whoami’
  4. After that, you should find your username. (replace ‘username goes here’ with your PC username)

5 Likes

@Conejin_Alt @Bloxxam Check the update here: Where can I find the textures of smooth terrain? - #4 by SturdyStubs

1 Like

Well, i can see that there are images in the folders.

1 Like

I know, he only wants to find the texture not to add any.

2 Likes

As in the materials. He wants to use the exact materials, something that isn’t possible without rebuilding the materials. The base texture is a flat image and doesn’t provide any height or normal data.

He only wants to see the textures, not to modify them. The path to the textures file is above.

2 Likes

Do you agree with my instructions that I made?

2 Likes

He wants the materials, not the textures

You simply cannot get the color, height, and normal data without rebuilding the material. He will have base images. Not only that but terrain textures aren’t even displayed in the folder.

These are the only terrain material images you will find. Like he stated, he wants the materials.

1 Like

1 Like

Updated it, I think this looks right. :slight_smile:

2 Likes