Where should I start with my game?

I’m making a vr horror/mystery/adventure game based off of this video: Something About Pac-Man (Loud Sound and Light Sensitivity Warning)👨‍🚀👻 - YouTube

If you look at comment #23 then you can see that someone said it should be a game and I agree which is why I’m doing this.

So far I just have Nexus VR Character Model [Open Source] and a baseplate, bassically nothing.

However, I’m at a roadblock. I need to build the map but I’m bad at building, I need to script some extra vr stuff but I can’t script, and I need to model some monsters but I’m bad at modeling. I also have no funds to hire anyone and #collaboration is closed so there isn’t anyone working for free anymore.

What’s the best way to go? Should I model and animate the monsters, make the map, or script first?

Also, because this is an idea I’m expanding on, should I just give the maker of the video credit, or should I ask for full permission? I wouldn’t want to accidentally steal anything.

2 Likes

I would suggest that you make a prototype of the game so that you can build a foundation. Here is a youtube video that can help you. I would also suggest taking a look at the other videos in the series.

2 Likes

As first, you gotta know If you want a famous game or less famous game or maybe a game that won’t be played by anyone.
The problem isn’t really in the development, If you find a good team of developers, but after the development phase there is an advertisment which is by my opinion much more expensive than the first development phase.
If you don’t have any funds, try to contribute your development skills to someone for robux or USD.
And If you don’t feel confident about yourselfí in developing, try to practice on less valuable projects which might be found on group plaza recruitment center, there you have a chance to create a portfolio for serious clients and finally start saving into your funds.

If you really need to start the game asap, then try to contact some friends or try to find someone who would do it for high number of %, which is still really not that good, because If the game doesn’t make enough revenue, then It doesn’t make sence for the dev to work for %.

So, In the end I wish you the best of luck in your journey and hopes this helped you a bit :slight_smile:
Have a nice day, brother.

2 Likes