Why can I walk through my model

Why can I walk through my model if can collide is true

What?
That doesn’t make any sense and sounds like a bug.

CanCollide literally sets if something can collide with the surroundings or not, so if it’s disabled, it should not collide at all.

If it’s somehow not a bug, I’d suspect Collision Groups have to do something with this.

3 Likes

I can’t post it on bugs if it was a bug the thing is locked

You can use the post approval process which is outlined in detail in the rules that you had to have read to use the forums.

2 Likes

So I can post a bug on the bulletin board if so I will post a lot of bugs I came across of

As long as you go through the proper post approval process, yes.

Before reporting as a bug can you please provide more insight, please include a gif of you doing this is studio test and in game. Please display the amount of parts in the model.

Is it a union, or meshpart? Often in my experience, the ROBLOX engine slips up while calculating hitboxes on those, especially if they’re relatively complex in shape or geometry.

2 Likes

If your model consists of meshes, the mesh’s part may be small, while the mesh’s scale is still large.

If it’s full of unions, the collision settings might be a bit weird.

For next time, you should maybe send a gif of you walking through it, or a picture of the settings of the model, or just send the file of the model.

Good luck with getting this fixed

1 Like

Is it a mesh, a union, or just bricks? Because all of those act very differently.

Hey Noels!

If you’d like for us to help we’d love to see the physical model/the place it is in so we can confirm if it truly is a ROBLOX bug or a local error on your side.

I believe it has something to do with collision fidelity though.

Thanks, reply soon!

Its a grouo model with union and parts in it

Try uploading the model as a free model and then we can take a look for ourselves.

Ok i’ll do it when I get home.

1 Like