Why do my models look so different in Roblox Studio from Blender

Hey everyone, hopefully, one of you can help me…
I was modeling an armor for Roblox on blender, I usually use an image texture and just give it the colors I want it to have, I exported it like normally as an FBX with the image texture. However, when I import it to Roblox it looks nothing like it does on Blender.

Is there anything that I can do to make it look “better” on Roblox Studio? Should I just apply the colors on Studio so it lets me change the material it has?

this is what it looks like in blender.

But then when I put it in Roblox Studo it comes out like this.

roblox witcher

1 Like

The lighting systems are pretty different. One thing I’d try is going up to File > Studio Settings > Edit Quality Level > 21 while using Future or Shadow map lighting. This might make your model appear closer to the blender version.

9 Likes

Thank you so much! This literally fixed it, and now it looks good in any lighting mode. Thank you so much.

2 Likes

from what I can see as well is you have a matcap with cavity on in blender, and its highlighting the edges and creases a lot more than in roblox as is doesn’t support it. so if you were to take them off you get a better idea of what it will look like.

That being said matcap + cavity is like a perfect setup sometimes, so if only you could do it studio :pray: