Why does my texture have borderlines?

Hello Developers, been a while since my last DevForum post.

Recently I’ve been working on a backrooms game and I have an issue with my floor and walls textures having borderlines when further than 10+ studs, is there a way I can fix/remove it?

Example,

On low graphic, it’s worst and more visible

Not much of a pro when it comes to this stuff but have you made sure the borders aren’t from the textures theirself? This post, This Post or This tool may assist you in fixing the issue. (all posts seem to both be related to your situation and also has the same properties with black borders appearing from textures) Apparently from what i’ve been reading it may be a UV issue with the textures, meaning that the texture does not exceed the UV borders, which is the reason for the black borders, if your textures exceed that border slightly then it should get overlapped by the texture. I’m not confirming that’s true but it’s a speculation

Edit: If the lines become more visible when further away it’s likely a UV issue, you may need to fix the textures in blender.

Again not a pro with this but i hope it helps in atleast understanding your situation / issue

Also, i think this is in the wrong thread? wouldn’t #help-and-feedback:building-support / #help-and-feedback:art-design-support be better?

1 Like

First off, I don’t think this is in the correct category.
Second off, I’m not really an expert in modelling and stuff like that, but I think it kinda looks OK.

It’s an issue with the textures so #help-and-feedback:art-design-support is likely the correct category

OMG, trying not to over-react right now but THANKS FOR THE HELP, I’ve been dying to fix this for an hour and this actually worked you’re a life saver :grin:

I extended it a little beyond the UV borders like the post said below, and it worked GG

1 Like