Why is my game falling?

Hey everyone! I just released a new game called “Shove Showdown.” It’s similar to “Slap Battle,” but I’ve put my own spin on it. I’ve already put more than 1,500 Robux into advertising, but I’m struggling to get players. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong or how I can get more people to check it out?

Here is the game link: Shove Showdown On Roblox

5 Likes

Your game could be doing what you did in school because of following reasons:

Not enough updates
Algorithm changes (nothing you can really do about it)

These are reasons not involved in the game itself. But, in the actual game, I can not play at the moment so I do not have reasons for it.

3 Likes

There could be multiple reasons for your game not performing how you expect it to.
Many things like the Game Icon, Ad, Thumbnails, Gameplay, Play Time, etc. can affect your game.

Did you spend in one day, or multiple?
if multiple,
How much per day?
What was your CTR for the ad?
Did you look into sponsoring the game at all as well?

You should look into some of these things to determine how much you should be spending and if the Ad you are using is worth it to keep putting robux into.

What I would say to you is try putting some (500R maybe?) into each Ad (try a couple ads) and see which one performs the best after the 24H. Take into account what day of the week you are doing this as well. More players are on in the afternoon (est), and on weekends. Friday into Saturday is better than Sunday into Monday.

For whichever Ad gives you the best CTR, you could put more into it!
I would also recommend looking into Sponsors, I haven’t used the new system (yet) but you can test small R$ amounts on those first, then see which sponsor type helped your game the most (CTR/CPC, and CPP).

Once you establish which Ads/Sponsors are giving you decent results, you could go higher amounts for those. Also be sure to split up amount(s) per day, and don’t do it all in one day (Doing 2k for 5 days is better than 10k in one day).

Apart from Ads/Sponsors, you could always try other ways of promoting it! Take it to Twitter/X, promoting it with #roblox #robloxdev , etc. You can also try other sites, and promoting on Youtube (and even finding - or paying - content creators to play and show off your game).

You can also refer to these articles made on the DevForum discussing advertising:

(This creator spend 2k robux into a sponsor, and the game took off! Sure a rare moment for most, but his game now has well over 100M visits - Bear ALPHA).

(This one discusses different amounts and also talks about other ways to promote your game).

Lastly: Game Advertising 101
This thread showcases a concrete plan/guide for the steps you should take in starting your marketing journey on your game, all the way up to post-launch marketing strategies!
Best of luck on your game!

1 Like

I responded to a similar topic, and I wont rewrite is since it’s a pretty big block of text, but you can find it here

1500 robux is also really not enough… sadly

TL;DR - If your game doesn’t reach the algorithm, it doesn’t matter how good it is, it wont every get the chance to get recognized by the algorithm as being “good”

1 Like

I’ll leave an honest review
The UI is cluttered, there’s a lot of obvious spelling mistakes, It looks like a lot of image GUIs are missing. Why is there a pointless “Fart” Ui on the screen when you walk into a lobby?

The music is annoying, the skybox is low quality, the map is low quality.

There’s nothing much to do besides push people. And because nobody is online there’s no reason to play, if your gonna run advertisements for a small budget like 1500 Robux you should be on the game so the few players that join have somebody to play against.

Just trying to be honest, I don’t think that anybody would recognize this as a fun game. It needs more effort or you need to practice more.

2 Likes

Thank you for your response. For all the spelling errors I was in a rush and those are all fixed. Same with the random gui that is a work in progress!

Also I should’ve said this earlier, This is something everybody has to consider when making a game, Why would players choose your game over slap battles? What makes it that someone would rather play your game instead of slap battles? People might’ve seen your ad went to the game then they chose to play slap battles. And also it isn’t a very good idea to just use the same islands and sky and music that slap battles uses. And of course you should polish the game and triple test it before you run ads, as in knock out mistakes and clutter before you run ads.

the random “favourite” popup is something that reallys annoys me, aswell as the GUI inconsistencies.

@goblinc0re was also correct about why would someone play your game over slap battles.

the game is dead, you need people or everyone will leave

ADD NPC’S !!!
ive suggested this multiple times to people, the main reason: to kickstart you need NPC’S to counteract the lack of players!

i suggest making the Npc target closed humanoid and use the push tool.

hope it helps!
goodluck on your game :slight_smile: