Why is my game not eligible for advertising?

Having the same problem over here.

3 Likes

Same problem over here.

Your experience is currently not eligible for advertising.

3 Likes

Try making sure that Paid Access is disabled.

@b8rger @applesaucecar

2 Likes

An update on the situation, after changing the name of the ad, It worked for me. Make sure the ad’s name is not filtered.

2 Likes

I didn’t realize before that the game was private, after changing it to public it worked.

2 Likes

I’m still having this issue. Here’s what I’ve tried:

• Sponsor ad message isn’t filtered (Checked)
  • Game is public
  • Thumbnail/icon doesn’t have Roblox logo
  • I have the amount of Robux I’m trying to spend

Has anyone found a fix? It seems like this has been recently bumping up onto a lot of developers for some reason…

4 Likes

I too am having this issue.

• I have enough robux
  • No roblox logos in the thumbnail
  • Game is public
4 Likes

:man_shrugging: i have the same issue
my guess is the game is just too new, they’re probably trying to crack down on those botted obby games.
it’s really annoying that roblox provides no information about this error msg anywhere

1 Like

Most likely, it would be nice if they provided some information about it. I’m guessing this is a pretty new addition, since this post was created half a month ago. This feature must now be slowly rolling out to everyone…

1 Like

Oddly enough, I checked this morning, and was finally able to run the sponsored ads.

I believe this is time dependent? Not sure.

1 Like

Perhaps games are now shadow-banned for 3 days after being created? Considering how @anon78306055 was able to sponsor his game after 3 days.

@helvmm also posted 3 days ago, perhaps they could confirm if this is true?

EDIT: My game has turned 3 days old, and now I’m able to sponsor it without any errors. It now also shows up in search results.

4 Likes

I have been having the same issue, I was working in an experience and then published it to a brand new one when it came time to release. I did this 2 days ago and it is still giving the message, have yet to hit 3 days. Guess I will be releasing it today in the old group game.

1 Like

In response to my last post,
I do not think there is a 3 day shadow ban, I went to go release on a game from years ago and I was not able to. Maybe it is just a glitch?

1 Like

I wanted to provide an update. It did eventually let me sponsor the game, which was strange. Ill go double check to see how many days it was after I published the game to when it let me sponsor.

2 Likes

Yeah, it was definitely more than three days until it let me run the sponsorship.

3 Likes

I emailed Roblox using the Support Form, and I got a response within a couple hours with a link to this article, I’ll quote a section below from the article;

1. Advertisements: Any paid advertisements that use our Roblox name or any of our trademarks (including our “Tilted-O” logo) are generally not allowed and must first be approved by us in writing. To seek our approval, you can send an email to: marketing@roblox.com. If we determine to approve an advertisement using our name or logo, we also reserve the right to approve through what channels and media the advertisement may be distributed and any other conditions that we may determine.

I believe that if you’re experiencing this issue due to using any of Roblox’s own icons, you’d have to request direct approval from their marketing team to use them before running sponsors on your experience. I personally got this issue, and I was using the Roblox ‘microphone’ icon from spatial voice. It’s not just limited to the Roblox ‘O’ logos.

That’s not it, as I stated above previously:
Besides, other thumbnails without the logo are being denied:

5 Likes

We’re you updating the game during the period that it wouldn’t let you sponsor?

1 Like

Yeah, I was gradually making small updates.

2 Likes

Been over a week and I’m still encountering this issue, do you know exactly how long it took?

2 Likes