Why is no one playing for longer than 2 minutes?

As I said in the title, no one is playing our game for longer than 2 minutes. Is it because they’re alone? Or is it something wrong with the game itself (which we suspect)?

Anything is helpful, even small details that you don’t think matter, but please add how to fix it along with the problem, because sometimes it isn’t clear and might leave us forced to not implement it, not knowing what to implement.

Game: Maze Craze 🎮 [GAMEMODES!] - Roblox

Here’s a poll for how long you’d play the game for:

How long you’d play the game for.

0 voters

For how many days you’d play for (Retention wise):

How many days you’d play for (Retention wise).

0 voters

Thank you! All this information is greatly appreciated and very useful feedback!

~ NinjaFactory

1 Like

Alright so i like the game but it could use some improvements, For example:

• the countdown timer until the golem releases is short: I recommend making it 30 seconds instead of 15
  • the golem is really fast: I recommend making it slower because it is impossible to just explore around the maze
    I also experienced some random glitches with the map loading: infinite load time, falling of the map.

I like the builds and the game but I think that the most important part is to make the golem a bit slower because it is impossible to win a game with that speed.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for the feedback. It seems the main thing that the game needs is some A/B testing and some testing in general. Do you remember when there is an infinite loading time, because that could really help!

The bug started after i chosen extreme mode classic, Another round i fell also out of the map (also extreme mode, classic) but at the console there was no errors.

How did you fall out of the map? After you lost? After you spawned in the map?

Right after map voting, then I fell of the map.

So instead of spawning in the map, you just fell out of it?

Yes. Instead of spawning in the map i fell out of it.

Did you spawn underneath the map, thus falling out? Or did it spawn you simply directly in the void?

I fell in the void. I have found a video of it

I believe this may have occured due to an incomplete loading of a map. I’ll look into this. However, you seemed to be lagging during it, meaning that there was a laggy map. Do you remember what map it was?

1 Like

It didn’t specified what map it was but i have here a longer version with the voting. It took also extremely long to load.

Hmm. That looks like Canyon to me, since that’s the only extreme that looks like that. I’ve never had any problems with it before though. Maybe it was something else causing the game to lag and thus slowing down the map loading process. However, I have no idea how to fix this, with no idea how this could have happened. This issue used to happen with a different map, but that map was disabled, and we haven’t had any problems since. Were you having WiFi issues, or was it something else?

2 Likes

I got some high ping when the map was loading. It might be because i had too much ping when the map was loading.

True, but, that shouldn’t make the map not fully load. It might not be you.

1 Like

This is a bit of a random thought, but I’m pretty sure that, since your a player and not a developer, you can only see client-sided errors anyways. I might be wrong, but that’s just what I think.

2 Likes

Now that i think of it, map voting is (i think) a serverscript. like you said i can only check client side scripts. Maybe that is why i didn’t saw a error.

Yeah, that’s probably why, since it is a server-sided script.

UPDATE: Fixed some glitches that broke game.

2 Likes

I was unable to do the tutorial as it just put me in game. I lost. Very fast things happen. I was scared the whole time.