[Wiki] Ability to view what other classes a class inherits from

on this thread, @acreol talks about how the new wiki doesn’t show what classes inherit from.
This is a feature I’m missing from the old wiki and it doesn’t seem like it’s been fixed so I’m posting this now.

On the current version of the wiki you can see inherited functions, properties, and events, but not abstract classes that don’t give any of those values

For instance, StringValue’s wiki page says nowhere that it inherits from ValueBase.

Here is a screenshot from @EchoReaper of what the old wiki used to look like regarding this functionality:
aEluluS
and it was even nice enough to show what classes inherit from the current class.
wmkSaZJ

I would really like this functionality back, and hate it when “new” verions of things remove features.

Edit: It seems Roblox has decided a third-party website is good enough and that they don’t need to maintain their own API documentation. I did not mark this post as solved. This third-party site is a good workaround but doesn’t make up for the fact that Roblox made their documentation worse with an update.

9 Likes

If you really need it, temporary solution can be found on this API reference site by Anaminus.
In my opinion, it’s currently better than Roblox’s one is, but if you need examples and such, it may not be as good for you.

3 Likes

That’s actually really useful. I wish I knew about this sooner.
It has everything I liked about the old wiki.
Thank you for showing me it

Edit: It seems Roblox has decided a third-party website is good enough and that they don’t need to maintain their own API documentation. I did not mark this post as solved. This third-party site is a good workaround but doesn’t make up for the fact that Roblox made their documentation worse with an update.

1 Like

This is something we’re considering for a small re-design of the class page, actually. I understand there’s a good portion of the community that would find this useful; in the meantime Anaminus’ reference site (see link above) is useful. The left sidebar also includes a class tree – though it’s a bit cramped. You can also see this information within the Object Browser within Studio:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.