Work In Progress Dinosaur Simulator! [open testing]

hi ! This is the update thread for a game I’m working on, Prehistoria! It’s going to be a colorful dinosaur survival game where players can level up their characters, survive and complete quests to unlock more character customization options (colors & parts). The main emphasis is going to be on customization, with levelling and perhaps levelling up skills to come later.

What I have done so far is available for open testing here! However please note that this is for testing new features as I implement them so there are bound to be bugs!

Currently complete features:

• 4 playable creatures: Allosaurus, Utahraptor, Parasaurolophus and Styracosaurus
  • Character customization by coloring regions with different color palettes per creature
  • Basic survival (food, water, stamina). Players press E to eat/drink a nearby resource
  • Diverse herbivore diets
  • Basic click-to-hit combat
  • A few plant models

The basic goals for the game are:

• Compatibility for mobile
  • Unlockable color palettes for character customization using an earnable in-game currency
  • Species info when selecting species, and detailed in game tutorials
  • Small but detailed forest map with a day/night system
  • Character/data saving

In the long run, I’d like to have more features such as weather, part customization, a comfort system, unique dinosaur abilities in combat, etc. I’m setting up a lot of things for future features even if they aren’t in yet, like the ability to easily give different dinos different scripts so they have unique abilities.

I’ll be posting updates here as I work on it!

36 Likes

Here’s a summary of stuff I have done so far!

Today, I finished modelling the Para! (though there’s still some tweaks to do)

30 Likes

Thats awesome, Good luck on making the game!

1 Like

Those models are quite detailed. You are quite the modeler. Keep it up! I’d love to see one of those dinosaurs in a game I play someday!

2 Likes

looks really good i love it well done

1 Like

THANKS ALL!

Today I finished rigging the para and now it is time to animate!

9 Likes

Love the para, are dinosaurs gonna make sounds?

3 Likes

When is the game coming out? Please tell, this looks amazing.

2 Likes

I want them to make sounds, but not for a while because it costs Robux to upload sounds

1 Like

I’m currently almost done with the Para and then when I complete the Allosaurus I’ll make a very early beta death-match version public, before working on the other game features :smiley:

Para animations are mostly done!

4 Likes

Wow they look really good! the dinos look very nice :moyai:

1 Like

The para animations are all done!
Next is the Allosaurus, designed by my friend!
After the Allo and bugfixes are done, the game will be public as an arena deathmatch while I work on building the map and additional fixes

These models look amazing! I wish the best of luck on your game!

1 Like

thank !!

I’ve started modelling the Allo! This is the base model but I still have to fix joints and outline markings

also, everyone must look at these arts!!!
by Liolaeus (allosaurus designer & buddy)

by Lost Sandwich in the disc

Allo model is almost done!

3 Likes

Animation on the allo has begun!

After this, I’ll be fixing bugs/cleaning up some features and then making a very early alpha version of the game public as a small death match while I work on the rest of the game

2 Likes

Allo animations are almost complete!

3 Likes

You are creating a thing of beauty here. Can’t wait to see how it plays. Good luck, don’t give up.

1 Like

Can i know how exactly to make non human character like yours? Thats some cool stuff I want to try on.

1 Like