Work In Progress Dinosaur Simulator! [open testing]

these are my notes on creating custom player characters:

1 Like

Awesome notes. Taught me some new things.

1 Like

oh my, thank you so much for your sharing!

1 Like

I love the vibrant colors of the Allosaurus is it possible you could also do some dinosaurs that are less known too that would be cool, Secondly will there be swimming and flying dino’s like mosasaurus or quetzalcoatlus?, and when will you add anklyosaurus(It my favorite dinosaur lol.)

Edit: Another cool feature for special attacks for dinosaurs if dinosaurs like velociraptor, Utahraptor, and oviraptor could jump on the backs of other dinosaurs, then cling on and bite into them dealing damage and multiple of these small dinosaurs could do it at once to make people want to hunt in packs (And incourage teamwork) and the dinosaur they are cling onto would have to hold or press a key to shake them off and they wouldn’t be able to cling/jump onto small dinosaurs like a pachy or a compy (and when the dinosaur get flung off they get damaged so its not like a no risk thing and they still have a chance to lose).

1 Like

Dinosaur models look amazing! Good luck with the game!

2 Likes

I want there to be swimming and flying creatures eventually, but not for a long while probably. I definitely want there to be a big variety of dinos! Some creatures will have unique abilities and attacks as well, like shields or climbing. There will likely be a variety of abilities that are shared between dinos (as opposed to every dino having a specific ability). I like the idea of pouncing as well.

There will be a lot of quests to do things as a group, to encourage players to play together.

1 Like

everything’s really nice even the models except the low poly style does NOT match with this.

2 Likes

I’ve been making a lot of small developments lately, cleaning things up in preparation to have a small, playable alpha

Recently I’ve recoded combat to be more cleanly organized, added a controls menu, added functioning stats for all creatures (instead of just testing stats), and a lot of animation tweaks

Fixing bugs! Once I test it in multiplayer with my buds I’ll probably make what I have so far public, and then start working on environment assets, the map, and palette unlocking

Here’s a preview of the character customization!

2 Likes

It’s looking really good. Can’t wait to have a play

1 Like

looks very nice!! cant wait for it to get out.

1 Like

I’ve made what I have so far public!
https://www.roblox.com/games/6686932749/Prehistoria-Dinosaur-Survival-OPEN-TESTING
Currently there’s 4 playable creatures with customizable colors, calls (all audio is placeholder), combat, and different diet between herbivores in a small testing map.

Next I’m going to be working on plant/etc assets for the environment, the map, and the color upgrading system.

2 Likes

Awesome. I’ll test it out. I love the creativity and effort you have put into this. Honestly a lot of people have tried and most of them have failed making a game like this. I know you can make it. :+1:

1 Like

The game looks very good and most of the systems seem to be working. I love the customization since I was able to make my own unique dinosaur with awesome colors. I’m not sure if the attacks with F and G are supposed to be working yet but if they are they seem not to be working for me. That’s really all I got!!

1 Like

Wow this testing game is really cool! the transition of animations is very smooth :t_rex:

1 Like

Thank you for checking it out! :smiley: Alternative attacks aren’t in yet, but will be when I work on more combat features such as bleed. I’ve only found a few new bugs, which I’ve put testing messages in for so I can hopefully fix them, and started work on more environment models like trees and rocks

This is actually really cool did you model all these yourself?

1 Like

Thank u! I made all models currently in game

1 Like

Today I spent forever finding the fix to a bug that would break a player if they were near food when it was eaten by another player, and updated the selection UI!

1 Like

Hey! I love your work and if you would like any audios for the dinosaurs you can PM them to me here and I’ll upload them free of charge.

Also, if you model any more dinosaurs in the future you should check out this video: What Dinosaurs ACTUALLY Looked Like? - YouTube, I found it really interesting.

1 Like