Working on a FNaF 1 fan-game

Hello everyone!

I am currently working on a FNaF fan-game. It kinda has FNaF 1 vibes, but it was Heavily Inspired by Five Nights at Marcus by Zackiify.

The game is almost done, and it’s already public, you can Access night one and two (The other nights are also done, but I haven’t added a way to unlock nights yet). Overall I think I made a great job with this game. But let me know what you think about it (I’m a good scripter, so I can make a lot of ideas of yours :smile:)

Here’s the game: Five Nights at Taco's - Roblox

There’s no tutorial yet, so I’m going to state the controls here. Also it only functions properly on PC. (Not true, It has mobile support now) Can someone tell me how to make crossed out text :sob:

Flashlight - Hold Ctrl
Moving left and right - Hovering over the left and right buttons on screen.
Open cameras - Click on laptop
Close cameras - Click on button at the top
Switch cameras - click buttons on the right
(Ik these wasn’t necessary, but I really haven’t got anything else to bind keys to)

Any feedback is appreciated!

11 Likes

Game feels really nice! The things I would add is a minimap on the cams so the player knows where the entities are and a battery system as it is in the original game. And also how do I exit If i finish the night

3 Likes

Hey I played your game. Good concept, but could use some work before a public release!

I was about to recommend that! Yes I didn’t know where the office was located and where these rooms are in relations to where I was.

I played the game both on Computer and Mobile and got 2 different experiences… This game is not compatable with mobile at all. I gave edits for Mobile compatibility, if you want to make the game playable in mobile, fix the issues mentioned, If you do not want mobile players to play, players might get mix reviews if you have mobile players play it when its not compatable. so your choices is to fix it or I would just prevent mobile players playing the game by changing this setting (Not Hey I played your game. Good concept, but could use some work before a public release!

I was about to recommend that! Yes I didn’t know where the office was located and where these rooms are in relations to where I was.

I played the game both on Computer and Mobile and got 2 different experiences… This game is not compatable with mobile at all. I gave edits for Mobile compatibility, if you want to make the game playable in mobile, fix the issues mentioned, If you do not want mobile players to play, players might get mix reviews if you have mobile players play it when its not compatable. so your choices is to fix it or I would just prevent mobile players playing the game by changing this setting (Not Recommend, but an option ) :

Lobby Game Recommendation:

• The Gui for the Night selection can use some remaking. For me I don’t like how it looks, the color selection etc. Also when I like click the button, I thought nothing was happening. I recommend that you hook up a Teleportation Gui by using :SetTeleportGui() , or bare minimum is to change the button text to teleporting.

• You should hide the other frames when clicking a button. So when I open the credits, all I see is the credits, and if I open the Play button, I should only see Nights menu.

• Also the buttons and Gui is not scaled on Mobile portrait mode (fix this by just setting StarterGui ScreenOrientation to Enum.ScreenOrientation.LandscapeRight within Studio ). From games like this you should force mobile players to play in Landscape mode.

Gameplay Recommendation (I only tested night one):

• This is a personal thing, I’m not sure if I like the hover to move to one section to another. And that is just because if I want to get to the vent to the door, I have to hover my mouse, leave the area, and hover again. other then that, this was a nice feature.

• I would consider adding a power element to the game? I mean there might be one idk, but It felt like I would flash my light as much as I want, and close the doors as much as I wanted without there being a punishment.

• Add a Return to lobby button and (repeat night to the end of the night or Next night) once you finish.

• Again with the map idea above would be so useful.

• Mobile : You can’t flash your light on Mobile. I would consider using ContextActionService For Mobile (and/or PC) if you want mobile players.

~ Thats really all I have. Good game so far!

1 Like

Hello! Thank you two for reviewing the game. Let me answer some things you recommended:

I will definitely make the battery and the minimap concepts in the future, don’t worry about that.

• You can’t, unfortunately. I will fix that later as well, but you kinda just have to rejoin at the moment.

The Night Selection might be remade, but I think it does well for a placeholder.

About that, I actually set a teleport gui, it’s just doesn’t show.

I’m using :Teleport() because (as far as I know) that’s the only way to send data through.
I might be wrong about this, let me know if so!

Your other ideas were also great, I’m planning on implementing most of them.

Thanks for your reviews again!

2 Likes

No problem and good luck with your game man <3

1 Like

You should use the functions :SetTeleportGui and :GetArrivingTeleportGui instead. Its expected that you handle all of it locally, from enabling it to disabling it. As well as anything else you add.

" Note, TeleportService:SetTeleportGui() is the preferred alternative to the customLoadingScreen argument as it can be called prior to the teleport." Roblox docs page.

1 Like

Hello, again!

I am just reporting about how some of your suggestions are doing!

You are now teleported back to the main menu if you win/lose a night.

When you click Play on night 1 or 2, It might not show a teleport gui, but atleast you know that something happens I just reused the loading screen lol

Mobile compatibility is working great (I think, I tested on an emulator), you can now also click the left and right buttons to move, and mobile players have a button for toggling the flashlight.
(Yes, I’m aware of the bug when it inverts itself, just move left or right to fix it)

I also made a battery system, when the flashlight is on, it starts a 2-second interval loop that progressively decreases your flashlight With that being said, please don’t spam it because then it will burn through your power. Leave it off for more than 2 seconds to fix.

ATTENTION!!!
The text above is no longer true. I fixed the flashlight battery, and it’s now one big loop checking if the flashlight is on or not. I also decreased the time to wait before draining (from 2 seconds to 1 second)

The minimap is a complex one to make, because it’s a custom one, but in the meantime, I’ll add something else to the cameras so that you still have an idea of what you’re viewing.

Have a good day!

EDIT: There’s an easter egg in the lobby, can you find it?

2 Likes

Hey there! I played your game and there are some take away’s.

For starters, for a somewhat demo game, it feels really nice! Everything is responsive (for the most part) and it just feels smooth over all.

But there is some things you can improve on/fix.

• For some reason, when I have my flashlight on, if I press control, it isn’t as responsive and takes like 3 ctrl taps to turn it off.

• The game doesn’t feel scary. There’s not a lot of audio/ sound design, maybe a glitch sound when turning on the cameras, or an audio cue for when there’s a character nearby. And plus, I feel it should be a little darker.

• And, just a random bug, when I closed the door on one of the robots, its still got me. I don’t know if that’s a major issue but just a note.

Other than that, the game looks very promising! Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Hello there! Thanks for reviewing my game.

• The flashlight should be activated by holding the button and deactivated when releasing (on PC)
    If you’re talking about the mobile version, I sadly have no idea how to fix it, but you just have to move left or right to make it work properly.

• I haven’t worked on sound design yet, but it will be done.
    Opening the cameras is increasing the ambient (so you can see something), but the office might be a bit bright. I’ll turn it down!

• About that last one, that’s sadly a problem on the shock’s end, because the shocking isn’t instant, as you have to wait for the door to close down, I’ll try to fix it soon!

Thank you for replying again, I hope you enjoyed the game regardless!

1 Like