Working on a "Reactor CORE" type game [Devlog]

I usually scrap most of my core games other than a new one i made called “SITE-ANDROMEDA”

this game is public, and anyone can play it. Whenever you feel like joining it, Alert me and i can walk you through due to the fact that you cannot exit spawn without a sci-major card

1 Like

I will probably check that game out later.

Edit: I did

1 Like

Why are the lights not placed where the light source is? why are they on the ground?

2 Likes

This looks Awesome
Cant wait for it!

2 Likes

Because it looks better like this:
point lights on the ground:

point lights on the ceiling:

5 Likes

oh yeah and also guys I am having difficulties with “layered clothing” to make a new Hazmat suit for the game,
so if anyone has some knowledge with the creation of layered clothing it would help me a lot if they could tell me more about it in this other topic I created:

2 Likes

Just extend the range? Use spot lights? there are a lot of better ways to do this.

1 Like

Alright! here:

10 Likes

Wow this core game looks really good. Can’t wait to play it when it releases!

3 Likes

Honestly I still feel like it looks better when you put those light sources on the floor. It makes a really cool reflection effect and looks much nicer than just the standard single large reflection from simple point lights on the ceiling. (I also think this adds a little bit more realism because for really reflective surfaces this could be what you do instead of just making a point light on the ceiling. But if you want to leave that how it is now then that’s completely fine.)

3 Likes

9 Likes

Okay dude, i honestly wanna help now lol

1 Like

This looks AMAZING :clap:

30WordLimit

1 Like

okay so these last days
-I added a material character walk sound system
-I scripted the “Objectives” UI
-and I built the Reactor chamber access area

here is a video that shows everything:

“I’m still trying to make those hazmat suits”

13 Likes

Wow looks really good! Wish the best luck for your development!:+1:

2 Likes

Will there be an option to turn off the camera shaking when you walk? It makes me quite motion sick. Everything else looks fantastic though, good job!

2 Likes

Camera shakes far too much imo.

4 Likes

yes I agree the camera shake does look weird on third person view but it does look good in first person so I’ll make it work only in first person.

and also it will be possible to desable it for people that dont like it:

8 Likes

sign me up for early testin (real!!1!!1!1)

4 Likes

the little lines on the gui look lil weird

4 Likes