Working on a "Reactor CORE" type game [Devlog]

I suggest you look at QSERF they do an amazing job on the core room

https://www.roblox.com/games/3039795291/QS-Energy-Research-Facility

10 Likes

I already tryed to see their control room but I think their style dont match the style of my game.

9 Likes

I have to ask, why is there a plane in there?

9 Likes

Also, the elevator looks very very similar to a freemodel.

Overall, it’s looking great.

8 Likes

the plane in the “entrance B” is not flyable its just a decoration object to avoid having an area with nothing on it
and there is no free model I built everything the only things that I used from the toolbox were some simple meshes that I didn’t have to make myself.
and also to build the area of the game where there is that plane I was inspired by this image:

and to prove that I made the elevator here is some images of the meshes that I made in Blender:
The Big Pipes in the left side of the elevator:

the elevator platform:

I also worked hard with the lighting so that it looks good with the future lighting technologie.
I dont know what free model you were talking about.

35 Likes

can you add more pointlight to lamps? it looks neon but no lights so yea

7 Likes

Are you talking about the lights in this image?

17 Likes

The elevator itself (the functional part) but again, I did say it is similar.

The game is looking good and it does have a lot of potential.

12 Likes

if you were from start,i mean 2nd pic

9 Likes

the lighting in the 2nd picture is meant to be like that because I dont want it to be too bright.

19 Likes

Looks good! But is it a round based game or a story game?

11 Likes

when you say story game do you mean a game Lore?

8 Likes

I guess you can say that, but I am edging more like “Camping”

9 Likes

i meant yellow lights not white ones

5 Likes

well its not very like camping but there will be a general game lore and endings in function of what the player does like in many other games.

4 Likes

Cool :sunglasses: When you are done with the game, would you message me privately the game link when you can!

7 Likes

aaaah, yes I understand now the image in the first post is a very old one I changed it some time ago aded the point lights but forgot to post the image here is the new one:

19 Likes

dont worry I won’t forget you :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

it would be sick if sometime a pipe just blow up full of steam / water and u must come to fix it

rare ones would emit radiation, u will need to use a radiation armor? idk words

4 Likes

of course there will be many events relating to the facility like:(facility blackouts, toxic or nuclear waste escaping from pipes or somewhere else like you said players will have to wear hazmat suits when manipulating hazardous materials, there will also be many other events) the main purpose of these events is to make the player win some xp or money.
“and the events are also a part of the game lore”

6 Likes