Working on a "Reactor CORE" type game [Devlog]

Oh, alrighty then!

Curse you, character limit.

2 Likes

how’d you learn how to script? I’d really like to try and make something like this sometime.

1 Like

well I learned with time, every time I didn’t know how to script something I would just search for it then after using it enough times I would learn that thing and it would stay in my head, so I learned scripting just by practicing a lot

3 Likes

cool, great job with the game man, never give up

1 Like

You are both an alien and my twin, I learned scripting nearly the exact same way-

1 Like

I’m making the game UI :

well gotta script now I guess…

6 Likes

Never thought of that, definitely will use that idea sometime.

2 Likes

woah, ip logger?? canceling you on twitter
jokes aside, the id card looks very cool, but the objective, instead of “get”, you can probably use “go” instead

6 Likes

make is so the number at the bottom of the ID card shows the UserId I just feel like it’s better

5 Likes

I think that it would look better if the number filled all the space

1 Like

You are aware that that happens over a period of MONTHS right? Also thats only if the camera is active.

btw what youre reffering to is called noise and yet i agree, it should be added in when the camera loses signal

4 Likes

Excuse me, but what happens over a period of months? If a camera loses signal, it’s going to see the lack of signal right away and display static.
Static means that the screen is always trying to take from the feed regardless the strength of the signal. Its priority is displaying feed, not a quality image, thus resulting in a constant flow of information from the camera to the screen. The reason why static happens is because there is no, “buffering,” as, again, the camera/screen is to display feed, not a quality image. This means that the strength of the signal, from the camera to the screen, is weaker, and replaces some of the image with static instead. It replaces the image with static as it’s faster to just display the information instead of looking over it again to reassure the correct image is there.
All in all, I am unaware why you believe it would take months, as the processes I stated above would take from minutes to seconds.

1 Like

Try: “Photon Injection Array” or “Plasma Injection Array” instead of “Power Lasers Control”
It’ll make the game a little bit more unique

3 Likes

maybe more like, “External Heating Lasers Control”

1 Like

If they are heating lasers then it would be better to have them a blue colour as blue lasers are hotter than red ones.

3 Likes

I dont think lasers have that. Blue fire is hotter than red fire, but I’m not sure that applies to lasers.

2 Likes

yes the lasers are going to be only for heating the reactor fusion chamber.

2 Likes

for optimization id use mesh parts

2 Likes

I’m already using mesh parts its good for optimizing the game

2 Likes

i was talking about outside terrain, if i wasnt clear. idk of you changed it because that comment was kinda old, but other than that everything you posted looks amazing.

2 Likes