Working on a "Reactor CORE" type game [Devlog]

That looks a lot better, god job!

2 Likes

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESH! That’s NICE!

1 Like

Does the game have lore/backstory?

1 Like

That would be nice :smiley: I always loved were there’s puzzles and Tory, you can make some terrifying things…

2 Likes

lads this is why you always need to wear eyecare while playing sirf
reactor core giving nightmare fuel but its way too cool

3 Likes

Before

AFTER

i like how things are chugging on, from a basic Pinewood Builders style to a STANDALONE, NUMBER ONE, BLENDER-LIKE MEGASTRUCTURE.

just four syllables - HOW IN THE WORLD

anyways nice work nacer… i will never have that level of patience EVER!

CONGRATS!

13 Likes

1 word, 3 syllables.

A-MAZ-ING.

I tried making a core game once, did not turn out good at all. To see that you’ve continued working on this for about a year and a half and made this much progress is astonishing. Keep up the great work, and please please please make sure we all know when the game opens for alpha. I think everyone here would love to play this for hours.

Keep going.

PS: If you want more PBR textures in an easy way,

1. Turn on the 2022 materials in MaterialService.
  2. Use Dylan’s Dev Textures. How it works is it adds MaterialVariants that you can use in place of normal concrete, wood, metal, etc. All you have to do is insert it, and the materials are ready for use.

Shown below from left to right:
Metal with no material variant, Metal with the BrushedStainless variant, Metal with the MetalWeave1 Variant

see reply for video

PPS: if you ever need audios for alarms or explosions or such, Quantum Science has uncopylocked early versions of their games such as the alpha version of QSERF. All copyright and other protections for these copies have been removed, as stated by Wild. Additionally, most (if not all) of the alarms are actually straight from the toolbox, so the alarms are completely free for use.

4 Likes

there are a ton of material variants for you to use, it’s almost impossible not to find the material you’re looking for.

2 Likes

to see how it works.

you, sir, have inspired me to try to make yet another reactor game. we’ll see how that turns out

6 Likes

hey guys, sorry for the time of innactivity I was busy with exams but now I’ve got plenty of free time

8 Likes

Hey man! Those are some really nice PBRs. Where did you get them?

Ya hellloooooo??? Lol can’t wait for the day u post “alpha out now!!!” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, me too, so you have any updates right now to tell us?
Also, when he says “alpha is out now” that post is gonna get like 1000 likes in 5 minutes :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say a thousand but maybe a few hundred likes.

1 Like

I exaggerated a little, yes, a few hundred likes, totally :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Dylan’s Dev Textures

You have more motivation than my entire life worth of motivation combined, good job. I can definitely tell you that you will succeed.

2 Likes

coffee

9 Likes

Looks good, only thing is that the anti-projectiles thing I don’t remember what’s called, it seems too blocky

1 Like

you mean the Body Armor Vest thing? well it uses layered clothing and it will follow the shape of the character that is wearing it so thats why it looks blocky

3 Likes