Working on a "Reactor CORE" type game [Devlog]

I was really amazed with your work when I first saw it a few months ago. I am really happy for the progress you have done! And trust me I have read every single post of yours. Really excited for the Beta Release!

3 Likes

Itā€™s like if the whole devforum developed this game lol

6 Likes

Did u use Blender to make the models? Or free assets?

2 Likes

isnā€™t a core something of a nuclear power plant?

2 Likes

oh my god this is still going this is amazing

1 Like

Completely your choice, but I personally think that the lasers looked better in red and I would reccomened maybe going through the colors to see which one looks better if you havenā€™t already. Entirely optional though.

1 Like

it looks awesome but personally the whole ā€œcoreā€ idea is kind of overrated and overused. maybe have like a fusion reactor (new technology, no games about it really). would be unique and cool

1 Like

man these builds are insane for a beginner
itā€™s literally better than mine lol ;-;

1 Like

This reactor is a tokamak fusion reactor.

2 Likes

It literally is a fusion reactor?
What do you mean lol

1 Like

all core games are the same thing with the same model and are just called ā€œcoresā€ rather than having some unique thing about it like how pinehill has a fission reactor. they all copy innovation inc and the same idea of ā€œcoolant laserssssā€ and ā€œpower laseerrrsā€ and its just all the same mindless copying. i would like to see this game have something unique, a realistic take on how a fusion reactor would operate.

3 Likes

He isnā€™t a beginner heā€™s been working on this for like more than a year Iā€™m pretty sure and he has enough experience and skills to not be a beginner anymore.

2 Likes

It literally is a fusion reactor what else do you want and if you want him to change it then why donā€™t you come up with an idea instead of saying he should do something different

2 Likes

i was already told once that it was a fusion reactor. then harassed two more times because people think im saying the game is bad. im not. i was mistaken that it wasnt a fusion reactor. MY BAD.

4 Likes

Sorry if my reply came out negatively. I was just trying to inform you about the project.

5 Likes

Thats insane. This is really good for a first build. Keep it up dude!

3 Likes

YOOOOO this is giving me some big portal 2 vibes. Especially the overgrown chambers. Keep it up man!

4 Likes

This has to be the most growth Iā€™ve ever seen on a devforum devlog, good job for staying consistent for about 2 years lol. I always see activity on this post, itā€™s nice to see youā€™re still going strong.

Hyped for release.

7 Likes

tokamak reactors donā€™t take outside fuel its completely sealed with a lithium blanket of sorts around the entire thing, to produce tritium(an isotope of hydrogen, also one of the fuels of the reactor, along with deuterium another isotope of hydrogen)and tokamak reactors are large as hell.
reference photo-

8 Likes

its not fission its some singularity core thing that is like a black hole

4 Likes