Working on a "Reactor CORE" type game [Devlog]

Here this shows the attempted design.

3 Likes

i thought theyā€™re building fusion reactors rn

2 Likes

Im amazed by how far you have come all the way back from 2021. This is one of the posts ever.

2 Likes

they should be accurate I took those value from real life control panels :thinking:

2 Likes

I make most of the assets and all of the meshes

2 Likes

that ā€œcoreā€ idea is now obsolete because at one point I noticed that just a red floating and glowing orb wasnā€™t that interesting:

so now I made it into a new design witch is inspired of real life fusion reactors:

9 Likes

I love the look of this - especially considering you are a beginner!

You chose well - core type games tend to get really popular, especially if you pay some extra robux for advertisements and your advertisements look eye-catching.

I would implement a system which forces players to look after the core because if it is not maintained it will explode - you could also add a job/team called ā€œReactor Core Maintenceā€.

Another suggestion is you add wages - but that one is less of an idea as it could make it awkward but you could also make it so that some gamepasses you can buy using coins which would allow people with no robux to play with advantages aswell.
You could also use development items to allow people to buy coins.

Here is a reactor core type game I like and that is popular, you could magpie some small ideas or things if you likeā€¦

click here for the game

Also, I wouldnā€™t recommend copying too many things/big things as you could get your game taken down for thatā€¦

Anyways, keep up the good work!

2 Likes

you know like if you see current real life nuclear fusion reactors you would notice that they would end up being a bit boring in a game because in reality they are much safer than conventional nuclear fission reactors so I donā€™t think the ā€œnuclear fusionā€ in my game will be an exact replica of real life stuff I have to tweak it a bit add to it some science fiction in order to make interesting for players.

3 Likes

hey, i really like the way this reactor is looking, can you actually give me some quick tips on how to detail stuff like this? Also, are you making scripts for it already?

2 Likes

if you want a model that has lots of details you should directly model it in a 3D modeling software like blender because making it in roblox studio would be harder and laggier for your game, and the way of modeling is: you start with a base and then you let your imagination fill it with details but you also need some skills you can earn with time.

3 Likes

Right?! Iā€™m really excited to see where this goes, itā€™s really good for a first build.

2 Likes

Its looking good for me I think it will be popular If someone saying that its bad they are wrong.

2 Likes

This game is really good. When will the alpha come out?

2 Likes

sorry I donā€™t have a date for now because I want it to be perfect, right now Iā€™m scripting all the systems of the control panel and the reactor there is a lot of stuff to take into consideration thats why it takes me some time but to this day Iā€™m still making progress, and hopefully when the game gets released I expect it to be well optimized, full of content, complete, hopefully one day :smiling_face_with_tear:

8 Likes

ok so u want your game to be very very very good is that why? I agree with you on making your game the best it can be.

3 Likes

this is actually cool iā€™ve been following :smiley:

3 Likes

So I just realized something. For the floodlights in the bottom picture, maybe you could (depending on if its LED or flourescant) add either tubes to give the effect of fluorescent lights, or add little squares to make it seem like its a group of small LEDs bunched together.

This is what I mean when Iā€™m talking about the LEDs. You can see how thereā€™s a bunch of small ones that make the light. You could scale this up and make smaller squares(?) inside of the current lights to make it have texture

OIP (6)
For these fluorescent floodlights, you can see the individual tubes that make the light. You could also scale these up (but you might have to redo the lights completely to make it look nice)

4 Likes

You couldā€™ve only took a specific portion of the map. That would look and feel better.

For example, position your camera to the desired spot, then take an screenshot. Analyze the parts in the screenshot, duplicate those and shove those in the ViewportFrame.

4 Likes

Man this game is looking so cool

4 Likes

Hi! This game is looking very nice so far. I hope you can finish the game soon.

2 Likes