Working on a "Reactor CORE" type game [Devlog]

Also, picture this.
Someone somehow manages to clip out of the map in a camera.

That would feel very bad…

2 Likes

Ive been following your posts for awhile now, and i have been very inspired by what im seeing! im a beginner too, and im planning to work on a quite large project that involves water temp, rotor rpm and a bunch of other things.

2 Likes

personal opinion but you shouldn’t start off big. start off small, like a obby or a simulator. then slowly progress up to the harder projects.

otherwise you’re never gonna learn properly; i learnt that the hard way.

2 Likes

Oh, i shouldve explained that im not someone who just found out about roblox studio. Plus, i feel i know enough scripting to start it, and learn what to do along the way.

1 Like

To elaborate on this:

If you want to learn scripting extremely fast, go big and push yourself. (But at least have a good understanding of the syntax before you try this.)

If you want to learn scripting slowly, consider starting small.

For me, personally, I had to go big and push myself in order to learn quickly. Small games never really exercised what I’m capable of.

1 Like

I’m very curious about how you went about making/ finding vfx for the core, specifically these blue “lasers”

I’ve searched everywhere but cant find any assets! I’d love your advice.

4 Likes

They probably are particle emitters and stuff made on blender.

2 Likes

I know they are particle emitters, etc, I am wondering where to find the textures/ images.

2 Likes

Look up a particle texture pack on the toolbox.

3 Likes

The texture that was used for the lasers might be the smoke_main particle.

3 Likes

Hello there, so sorry for the time of inactivity, I used beams for the lasers and to add a bit of volume to it I added a particle generator on every beam and of course made everything glow with light emission

11 Likes

so what is happening is that this year I have been considerably more busy with school : / , it should only be like so for this year, what I’m saying here is that I haven’t given up working on this project its just temporarily on hold, the game will be finished one day and hopefully you guys will like it.

15 Likes

Good luck man! Still following with the log :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For anyone curious about how to get smoke_main, the ID is “rbxasset://textures/particles/smoke_main.dds”

2 Likes

Take your time! I would say dont feel obligated to work on this everyday but other people might say otherwise.

3 Likes

I’ve been following this since 2021 and this progressed a LOT. One day, ONE DAY we might be able to play this masterpiece

4 Likes

I just found out about this post a couple months ago, but man has it changed alot. Infact, Nacer was the one who inspired me to start making core games in the first place. maybe a little out of place to say that but, eh.

3 Likes

Take your time man. I’ll be here waiting :wave:

2 Likes

Giving me half-life ptsd, Very nice! Keep it up!!

4 Likes

i can finaly awserr ahhhhhhhhh :sob::sob::sob::sob: i just became a member of the devellopper forum with this devlog so in my opinion the lasers and the small details are crazy looking so of course your reactor core is good :slight_smile:

3 Likes