Working on a "Reactor CORE" type game [Devlog]

Hi, I am working alone on this game that is a reactor core type game I started working on the game a long time ago and I am a beginer in roblox studio this is the first game that I built seriously,
I am not saying that this is the best reactor core game but its not that bad here is some images:

of course the game is not finished and there is still a lot of things to add
[edit: the images of this post are old scroll down to see the new changes].

so in your opinion can this game become a nice reactor core game?
  • yes
  • no

0 voters

whatever was your opinion I respect it
if you want you can also reply and tell me what was the problem

Edit 27/12/2022:

Hello there, I know that its been some time now since I created this topic and well there has been some changes done:

1- new reactor:

2-Currently working on a first short showcase version of the game I’m sorry to say that there isn’t any official launch date for now, but I’m doing my best to make as much progress as possible!

Edit 27/01/2024:

Hello again due to some circumstances the project will be temporarily on hold, I say it again I did not give up its just that I currently don’t have much free time, sorry for the inconvenience.

438 Likes

I think the facility should be underground, or atleast in weather that isn’t sunny, that’s how most reactor core games do it.

56 Likes

yes the whole facility is 1 kilometer bellow ground level and the first image that you saw was the topside area located in a desert environnement this is going to be the players spawn area then the second image is a big elevator that will take the players to sector A (The main Facility Lobby)

54 Likes

as for the weather I am planning to add a day night cycle and some sand storms events

32 Likes

That sounds good! A desert would be very interesting.

31 Likes

tbh it looks way too generic when compared to other games of this genre and the lighting could use some more work
just don’t turn on shadows on every single light or it’ll kill fps for people who dont have a top tier pc

36 Likes

I used the “Future” Technology in roblox studio’s Lighting Properties only to have realistic reflections on materials like “metal” or “Diamond Plate” and like I said the game is not finished so I am still working on the lighting (and the lighting that you saw in the image of the reactor core chamber is just temporary lights that I used to build the area I am going to delet them and add the real lights) as for the FPS I’ll try to add a smooth area loading system and settings to remove quality details from the game like the “SunRays” or the “shadows” of the lights.

32 Likes

I don’t recommend using a area loading system, streamingenabled’s lod system should be fine if you fine-tweak it to your game’s size (default settings don’t work for every game)

27 Likes

okay I’ll try to use your advice

26 Likes

Hello there, a quick update about the game I am still working on it and improving quality and details and doing my best optimizing the game to reduce any lags comming from “the futur lighting technology” that I am using.

42 Likes

also I improved the CORE chamber

71 Likes

and I think other changes are comming

18 Likes

JESUS, WHY DOESNT THIS HAVE MORE ATTENTION 0-0?
AMAZING BUILD 10/10 WOULD PLAY!

In seriousness, this is very unnoticed, I’d say.

36 Likes

I am very happy that you like it I will keep on updating this topic post as I work on the game

16 Likes

Alright!

Also, is the game published? Id love to play it!

Oops, i ment “experience”.

16 Likes

no its not published yet the game is still in a building process but I am working on it and keeping on improving it

13 Likes

remember I’ll also keep on updating this topic as I work on the (game/experience)

16 Likes

I am now building the facility’s topside area, and this is the desert terrain:

39 Likes

holy cow youre a beginner? this is really good!

You should make the reactor explode when players fail to maintain it and make it destroy the whole world

17 Likes

A suggestion for the facility’s topside area, you could add small rocks and maybe cacti. You could add small mountains. You could add dead trees and dead grass on the mountain.

This build is great for a beginner!

16 Likes