World Panel Settings Now Available

Both realistic and action presets say real world gravity, but they come with different gravity settings. I understand that 9.8 m/s2 is earth’s gravitational acceleration, so why does the action preset also claim to feature real world gravity?
427e9fa89c4e56bf511a5a21193a83dd

1 Like

Very nice and easy way to access this in studio. I really like this as studio is now becoming a one stop shop as opposed to using the website for this or not even having some of it. Really enjoying these updates.

BUG: realistic mode lets you float above the ground (and can defeat some obbys!)

1 Like

StarterCharacter and StarterHumanoid have priority over these new World settings. If you have StarterCharacters and StarterHumanoids they will work exactly as before and be unaffected by these changes and new settings

3 Likes

yes but no one says m/s/s because m/s2 is more simple

m/s^2 is more simple yes, but m/s/s is still correct.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off-topic and bump posts

Amazing Feature! Seems Useful For New Developers.

To give some extra explanation. You can set properties in the world panel, and that will set the properties on the spawned player character. However, if you have a starter character, which contains a Humanoid, the world panel settings will get ignored, and you’ll get what you set on the Humanoid on the starter character. Furthermore, if you have a starter humanoid, this has the highest priority, and will override the world panel and the Humanoid on the starter character

Also can be written as ms^-2 sometimes!

This is pretty nice and creative, I like this :heart:

This is very useful for improving game development, well done Roblox!:ok_hand:t4:

I don’t know if you just want to test realistic mode or you really want it for your obby, but I don’t think realistic mode is a good mode for that kind of games. Obbys are fun to play Roblox games that are not about reality.

Yay this will make walk speed and other assets much easier and script free!!

Really handy so far, custom Humanoid options are so much easier.

Thank you! <3

Whilst I don’t really expect to use this that much, this is still pretty great. Thanks!

I no longer have to use scripts for this kind of stuff - this will definitely come in handy. I appreciate your hard work. Thanks.

I appreciate this update so much, because I build in 1 ft. to 1 stud scaling, and so normal robloxians can be a bit too short and wide for what I do. And, I knew that at some point, it would become a big issue for me, because I can’t script. But, with this update, I can rest easy knowing that Studio now has the power to automatically readjust the player characters to an ideal scale.

Thank you, Roblox!

It was a test of realistic, I can’t simply float in mid air in real life!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.