WorldModel Is Now Available

I hope ViewportFrames get their own Lighting, so we can customize them even further.

8 Likes

You can use viewport frames in surface Gui’s I did this a while ago I will let you know if I find the creation. :smiley:

Am I the only one having trouble adding this into there game? I updated studio and it’s still not there. :confused:

1 Like

You can’t visually find it in the insert menu. However, as @DRCGaming said, you can create it using Instance.new().

4 Likes

Hi there. I am just asking if there are any new updates to building, I really didn’t understand this.

This looks like it’s more UI and scripting stuff.

edit: How do WorldModels work? - #6 by fireboltofdeath

Does this mean we can show terrain in veiwportframes now?

1 Like

You can use SurfaceGui by setting its Adornee to your desired part

Are constraints not supported in WorldModel yet?
Trying to have a part with a RopeConstraint attached to a Humanoid Dummy in the ViewportFrame and it just freezes as if no physics are applied - Welds appear to work but not Constraints?

If I drag the Humanoid Dummy and part to the Workspace from WorldModel, studio crashes with “Roblox needs to quit - we’re sorry” without fail, almost as if studio can’t calculate its physics or something after dragging it from WorldModel.

EDIT: I’d like a reply? Can someone confirm that it is not supported?

2 Likes

Cool thing, maybe sometime later I will come in handy

1 Like

I am not sure if I am doing this incorrectly, I was trying to make something similar to @kenami since I loved it so much.

My problem is the animation is ‘playing’ but it is not moving while the viewport is open:
https://gyazo.com/b04be568687e60defb1882105ba44caa

I’m struggling with this. For an R6 rig, Accessories don’t seem to attach, but if I parent the model to workspace briefly (without even using a wait()), and back into the WorldModel, it works fine.

It’s fine for R15. Not really sure if I’m doing something wrong or it’s a bug.

1 Like

The first thing I’m going to try with this is making a TV that your character can jump into and walk around in, this sounds really, really cool. Thanks for the surprise update, engineers!

1 Like

Found a bug where humanoid’s display name is visible in workspace when parented to world model.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif-11

17 Likes

it will be insertable through Studio next week

It’s not supported, but it shouldn’t crash. Do you have a place file I can use to repro the issue?

thanks, i’ll take a look into this

2 Likes

Does this mean now I can use Pathfinding in ViewportFrame? I’m trying to make a GPS before, but turned out to be really expensive. If it does, then it will take less time to make something like that.

1 Like

What would be really nice would be a way to insert terrain into world models :fox_face:

1 Like

You can create it with instance.new. then in play test just copy it and stop testing. then paste it in edit mode