Would 10k - 20k robux be enough to get some active players on my game?

I don’t know if this is in the right topic, but I’m making a medieval war game, and if I spent 10k - 20k robux on advertising it, would it get some active players?

5 Likes

Yeah, that seems like more than enough. I don’t know much about ads/sponsoring yet, though.

1 Like

run a advertisement test first, the best data is always your own! if you put 10-20k into an ad that shows success then that’s what you will get, just on a more grand scale.

4 Likes

I do think it will get you some players, but like what @MarioMeetsCookie said, run a test first. To actually get “active” players you need to give them something to come back, but that pretty much just boils down to making a fun game

3 Likes

wait, so when I test it should I put 10-20k robux on the ads?

1 Like

You can check this out. It might help you get more players.

Good luck!

2 Likes

I’ve been told you should have 100k budget and spend 10k per day for 10 days, that’s the only way you’re going to get active players, especially in a round-based game.

1 Like

I agree with @MarioMeetsCookie and @Ashtonrife10. Try setting a max budget, which in your case would be between 10-20k. Then create a test trial. What this would look like is, create an advertisement, and put a small amount of R$. You don’t want a super small amount, but not a very big amount either. See the results, and impacts it leaves on your game. If everything is positive, players love the game, then try putting in more R$. If the feedback isn’t so good, you know that there is something that players are not liking. Then you can make the changes accordingly. Hope this helped!

4 Likes

From personal experience 10k-20k would get you somewhere between 10-100 active players for the duration of the sponsor. I’m not an expert, so don’t take everything I say as fact. I think the real question is whether you make back more than you spent on the sponsor, if you do, you can just sponsor, make profit, and repeat the process, with bigger amounts the next time, until your game can support itself. If not, work on your game more, improve it, maybe monetize it more/less if that’s the problem, and try again.

Whatever you do, don’t dump all your robux on a sponsor or advertisement without first testing the ctr, first do a test with 200 robux or so to test out the waters before diving in.

2 Likes

Don’t worry too much about the amount of robux you put in. I did a “test” sponsor of 1,000 robux and now my game averages a few thousand players concurrently. I do a sponsor to verify the game is good enough to where word spreads about the game, rather than forcing it in the faces of people who don’t want to see it anyway. Games like BEAR only sponsored 200 robux total and it had a high of 10k players. If your game is fun, the game itself will do all the work for you.

4 Likes

Yes. I do recommend using the sponsored advertisement as it usually gains more players playing your game

1 Like

my game is not suitable for mobile players though

I’d suggest fixing that before release because a majority of players are mobile.

That seems more then enough to get active players into your game

1 Like