Would a wine glass break terms of use?

I’ve read the Roblox community guidelines and at one point it quotes:

“Alcohol, alcoholic references, drunkenness, smoking cigarettes, cigars, and vaping are not permitted.”

I’m considering using a wine glass in my game, and I was wondering if that would be ok. I would reference the glass as “a glass”, not wine, but it will physically look like a wine glass. It will not be drinkable, and will not relate to drunkenness whatsoever. Would that break the terms of use?

Btw, please tell me if I posted this in the wrong place/topic.

5 Likes

It should be fine, but it bags the question as to why you need it in the first place if it isn’t going to be used. If you can just as easily replace the wine glass with a regular glass, just do that.

1 Like

It’s necessary that it has to be a wine glass. This is sorta what it looks like:

As long as you can clarify that any liquids in the glass are non-alcoholic, e.g. grape juice water. I should think that they’re fine if they’re empty. I don’t believe anyone has gotten in trouble for things even like fully-stocked bars.

This thread covers this issue, the OP got moderated for the glasses of grape juice but it was said to be okay if the liquids in them was stated as water:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/warning-for-alcohol-references/17210/

6 Likes

I know what a wine glass looks like haha.

Will there be wine in it? Is it an essential asset for your game’s narrative? Can it be replaced with another asset without taking away significance from the situation?

These are questions that you should be asking yourself.

Again, you should be fine, I just see it as redundant.

4 Likes

Sorry, you don’t have access to that topic!

:sob:

4 Likes

If it was actually called “wine glass” it would but if you put any non-alcoholic liquid in it its fine.

As a reference, this is in the catalog:

Isn’t grape juice wine anyways :thinking:

3 Likes

I imported a tavern sign that had a mug with a frothy top. I was planning on selling Rootbeer and Rootbeer Floats in the tavern. I was told that the sign implied alcohol even though that was not the intent and that there were no words anywhere indicating such. Staff left the moderation in place and said the sign violated the TOS.

I’m working on a medieval fantasy game right now and I found this looking around for answers myself because I’m not really sure how I can put any drinks in my game that fit the game environment and won’t be considered to imply alcohol.

The only work around I can imagine would be to come up with creative names to avoid referencing alcohol, like rootbeer could be rootbrew. Wine, aged grape juice. Gin, Botanical water. That kind of thing I think might be as close as you’ll get on this platform