Would I be able to rig a cube?

I have searched the entire internet for a rigged cube, but I just cannot find one. I’m trying to use blender, but it is very complicated. I just want a cube with rigged corners. How can I get it?

1 Like

Could you expand on what you mean by rigged corners? What are you wanting to do with the cube? (have it stretch, bounce ???)

You can rig absolutely any mesh and add weight to the bones so that it stretches certain parts of the mesh. The more vertices / higher topology, the smoother the stretching. Adding bones and attaching them to the mesh with weights isn’t too difficult and you could probably do it with a few short tutorials on youtube! I can give more direction though once I understand what you’re trying to do.

I want a cube with the corners rigged, so it can stretch to this. I do not want the middle of the cube to stay the same size, I want the whole cube to fill to this shape.
Screenshot (736)
I want it to look like this.

You could probably do this in blender. Start with a cube, and add bones to each of the corners so you can animate it.

However it might not look as precise as what you’re desiring here, in that sense I do not know another method.

I dont even know how to add bones or rig or whatever with blender, i watched as many tutorials as I could but i didnt understand anything