Would it be illegal to add a manual “follow reward”

Would it be illegal if you add a manual “follow reward” and write down that you will receive this reward within a maximum of one day and change it in a table every day?

wdym by illegal, is this related to a gambling mechanic or something? Yes I know definition but you need to add some context before it could be determined to be illegal or not.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, sorry. So its like you make a table, where I list players, who follows me. Then tell them via textlabel, that he needs to wait maximum one day to claim the reward (because I would update the table every day). And after he claimed his reward (no gambling, just smth like 5K points), the system is done. Is that enough?

1 Like

It’s against the TOS

Although it seems like you`re allowed (or at least it’s not enforced) to celebrate hitting certain milestones. You can reward all players after you reach 10k followers or something.

The idea of the rule is to prevent people from gaming the engagement metrics, ideally it happens naturally. But you’ll see 1 million likes rewards being given out on some of the biggest games on the site.

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean with the idea. But do you know or do you think its allowed to do the milestones for follows?
Because it says: " only so long as they are not in exchange for something (e.g., in exchange for a thumb up on your game)"
Or does it just mean, that I can’t reward certain people?

2 Likes

I think they have no problem with it. The wording in the quote makes me assume you can’t reward people in exchange for them specifically following you.

I read through the community rules and guidelines, and it seems that it’s no longer in there. They seemed to have condensed it and removed stuff to make it as readable as possible.

I’d personally recommend not doing it. These sort of metrics don’t matter. But you’re most likely safe if you wanted to.

2 Likes

Yeah I think it is fine, but you have to watch out for the EU countries.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.