Would it be okay to create a module with advanced authorisation in Roblox? (details in post)

Hello there fellow developers!

Recently I made a post that got quite some interesting replies, people found my creation rather cool and useful, and I’ve had multiple people even dm me about buying it off of me.
(The post is here, its a system that allows you to make a request to (my) web server, and my web server will make a dev product on the specified game/place with a specified price, this can be very useful for quite a few uses, thus people are interested.)

The one small problem is with authorising the requests, obviously to upload a developer product to someone’s game, I need access to that game. I am currently doing that by using the cookie of the developer who sent my server the request(yes, the developer has to send their cookie for it to work) - this might be a problem as one of the people dm’ing me about it instantly backed out, thinking I want to confiscate their account, even though I mentioned that the service would be paid.

So far the only solutions I’ve come up with are:

• Instead of getting a little share of the product prices (small % of the price with a max cap), I could sell a ‘lifetime license’, where I would help the person set up their own server with my code, that way they won’t send their cookie to me, but to themself.
  • I could also make a few bot accounts to which people then could give access for uploading dev products to their games (this is quite a lot of extra effort, so probably would up the price of the API a bit)

If anyone else has any ideas, tips, or comments, please tell me in the replies!

Thanks for reading!

2 Likes

I don’t understand if in the first solution you want to give the source code or if you want to make a “proxy” to their server. Having customers to setup a web server could be a little annoying for them to do. Making bot account to which they should give permissions to could also sound suspicious because you could edit their games

Regarding the 2nd option, (if its a group game), they can give the bot account only upload assets permission, don’t have to give edit permission

Regarding the first, I’d probably give direct instructions on how to set it up or so, can’t use my own server if the cookie shouldn’t get in touch with it