Would it be unfair if I only enable character customization for premium members?

Hi, so I was about to make a character customization that is only for Premium subscription (premium benefits). But I realized it’s kind of ‘unfair’ for normal players. I just need your thoughts if it’s actually unfair for normal players. I will just scrap my idea if it’s unfair.

4 Likes

I’m rather blindsided as to why is it granted to merely Premium Members?

3 Likes

maybe grant special features in it to premium only

premium payouts

3 Likes

What type of game are u talking about? If it is a role play, I don’t see a reason why you should set it only to prenium members

2 Likes

Short answer yes, long answer no. I would say if the customization would be extra customization for your avatar and you can already customize for non-premium members then I guess it would be fine. The only concern would be how you’d deal with it for when their memberships end, would their stuff be gone or saved. I think an alternative I would suggest is a game pass for extra customization with nice perks for a low price to serve as a cheap buy for people who don’t want to spend much.

2 Likes

I am referring to my hangout game.

1 Like

It depends on the game if the game is more social orientated like roleplay enabling Character Customization for only Premium is unfair. If the game is more like shooting, tycoon, etc orientated where player’s goal is to earn money, kills, points, etc then no it’s not unfair because the game isn’t about looking good.

Also it doesn’t really matter you’re the developer it’s your choice. I understand putting in hours of work for a game and wanting some kind of return. Premium users cash cows lol.

2 Likes

Hmm, I didn’t actually thought of that lol.

1 Like

If there is any special permissions/ features,then yes but with a special gamepass
But if there is not , then everyone should use it without prenium

2 Likes

Just give special customization options to premium players

3 Likes

Also if you want to make revenue from premium payouts I’d suggest releasing items for premium members before you release them to everyone, or giving discounts or incentives to spend more time in your game to get more time. Since your game would be a hangout area you could make special places or items for those members.

3 Likes

Alright, that actually sounds great though.

1 Like

I think you should put some clothing for premium members only and other clothing for all players.

2 Likes

also it might be annoying for someone to have their in-game item to be removed since they ended their premium memberships. I think non-permanent perks are the way to go like discounts, one time use items, etc.

2 Likes

Maybe I’ll use DataStores on those just in case people end their membership.

1 Like

I guess that would work but I feel like then people would just buy premium to redeem said item.

2 Likes

If you make a daily login streak tracker you could make extra rewards for premium members.

2 Likes

You mean like a daily reward?

For eg. Normal players can only get lesser rewards, but the prenium players can get better rewards (every day)

1 Like

Not really.

Unless players with Premium are getting benefits that would pose as a significant advantage over non-subscribers, you should be fine. From what I understood, the character customization is just cosmetic (only the appearance changes). It might seem unfair to players who are huge fans of changing their avatar.

I personally wouldn’t implement this, as I don’t have premium myself and it would feel only a little unfair knowing that other people who paid extra have this feature.

3 Likes

Yeah, had a brain fart while typing. And yeah that is correct.

1 Like