Would this be considered gambling?

I was filling out the age questionnaire form for my game, but some of the questions didn’t make total sense to me.

I am making a tower defense game, and I was planning to allow players to buy “crates” with in game currency or robux that give you a random skin. I also wanted those paid items to be tradable. I was wondering if this is even allowed on roblox, and if so, what do I say for the questions relating to “IsPaidItemTradingAllowed”, “ArePaidRandomItemsRestricted”, and 'unplayable gambling content".

Specifically this question:

1 Like

Now I know there are some games that due this but I’m sure that you cannot have something that can be purchased with robux that is random luck. And even if the thing costs an in-game currency, if you can buy that currency with robux it’s not really allowed

What about simulator games? Most simulators allow you to buy premium “eggs” with robux that give a random pet.

I mean technically you can gain the currency to buy those eggs and stuff but yeah like I said it’s technically not allowed.

And this:

Alright, that makes sense. I can still make tradeable robux paid items, but they can’t be luck based, right?

But I still don’t understand the question I took a screenshot of from the original question.

Sorry for the super late reply, I forgot to check the devforum again. Uhh so basically it’s asking you if your game has games that are typically associated with gambling but are unplayable which means you cant bet anything

To sum that up:

• Lootboxes are allowed, but users cant resell items obtained from them for robux, USD or limiteds.
  • You must use PolicyService to hide lootboxes from some users
  • You must disclose the odds of getting items
  • If you can trade them, you must also use PolicyService to stop some users trading them

I’ve done all of these!

When you say “can’t resell items obtained from them for robux” you mean no alt trading right?

Also can robux paid items be tradeable with eligible users?

What I understand from the screenshot is that the players must not be able to trade the items for robux / usd / limiteds, meaning you’ll have to moderate players who do and not have any systems in place to do so.

Yes.

Any random item bought with robux must have chances shown

Thanks! This has really clarified a lot!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.