Would you click on that?

Ok let’s suppose that you are a player looking for a new parkour game on Roblox and you see this icon.

Would you click on that?

This icon was made for fun, but now I think I could use something similar for my game with maybe a different avatar that this one. Do you think it shows that this is a parkour game.

3 Likes

Maybe with some FX and text displaying what game it is? Looks good now but that might make it better!

3 Likes

It looks very bland, I’m not sure.

This is how it would look like as a sponsored game.

Show

I personally wouldn’t feel like clicking it. While it shows an intense scene, it doesn’t cause as much impact as other games on the front page/recommended.

From a certain angle, it looks like he’s just holding the bar, and it doesn’t immediately reminisce parkour.

I like the color composition though, but the beige-brown part in the character’s head doesn’t fit with the gloomy rest of icon.

Maybe if you add a bit of linear blur, and add a stylized logo? You can desaturate the head part a bit too.

5 Likes

No because it is just an image maybe add some life to it such as text shading etc… But over all it looks great. Remember don’t make the ad miss leading or else it will gain hate from the community…

No.

I think it needs to look more enticing. Especially since this is a children’s game. It also doesn’t remind me of parkour, it looks like an army man jumping over something.

3 Likes

Definitely not.

Look up on google images: “Mirror’s Edge”, for references.
Most of the official game renders show action, parkour and share a bit of information on what’s going on in the image.

In your icon, it’s just a typical roblox character with a random face and random outfit jumping over what looks to be two ropes…? bars…?

I suggest changing the face to match what your character is doing in the image and maybe add some more background. For example: Your character is dressed in military clothing. Why? Make it clear! Make it appear clear that he’s running away from something like a grenade explosion or two enemy soldiers. You can do a lot more things if you put your mind to it.

2 Likes

No.

1 Like

No. Render needs some work and theres no text to back it up.

Good HDR sky and pose though.

Perhaps a motion blur with a sun flare effect would make it look better. Maybe a background behind it like a field or grass or a city.

2 Likes

As it is right now, I probably wouldn’t click on it. I’d suggest adding some exciting text to the icon to really make it pop! It’s a good render but it’s just needs that extra level of polish to make it stand out.

2 Likes

No. If I saw this icon, I would assume it’s a FPS game.

2 Likes

No, It looks pretty bland and boring. Also I’d probably think it was a fps game.

2 Likes

Probably not, but not for the reasons others have said. (Mostly)

I think that it has the advantage of certainly looking different than the others and breaking the colorful monotony, but you do have to think about your target audience. Intended_Pun definitely has a good point about this being a children’s game.

Personally, I wouldn’t click on it because it does look like slightly lower quality and because of the outfit (which I think doesn’t really fit). Also, I just don’t really click on games because of their icons that often.

If you want to keep the style but still want to get interaction, I’d suggest changing the outfit to something with more colors but still in a parkour-ish style and adding stylized text or a logo with the title of the game. I’m personally much more likely to read the title in the icon rather than in the text box below, so I’d say that’s an important aspect to include.

Overall, think about your target audience. That’s the most important aspect. Think about how you can draw them in in a unique and engaging way that others haven’t done yet. (Maybe have the character falling backwards off of the parkour map with a shocked face or something, I dunno :man_shrugging: )

1 Like

garbage
personally the face wasnt in the shot so i tried to make it more in frame with a buldge
and the colours were not an eye sore so i fixed it for you. your game should be more notable
people really couldnt tell what your game was, or that it was absolutely epic, and that you have an event going on

3 Likes

Ok thank you everyone for your suggestions I just wanted to make sure what people think about that and I know what I will do now.

3 Likes