Would You Play This Game? (Game Idea/Current Game Features Show Case)

So currently I am working on a game that is semi inspired by R6S game play, I have already created a fragmentation system that supports multiple parts, gravity and image remapping, this is that in action: (note:there is a bit of lag from my recorder)
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/624063634846515201/734952025867157564/2020-07-20_18-35-19.mp4
It will feature a system where all head shots, disregarding what gun it is shot from, will result in a instant kill. It is a round based, and is suppose to simulate Counter Terrorists from different agencies breaching/clearing a building to deactivate the objective inside which is guarded by Terrorists/Insergents from different fictional groups, the setting would be in the near future.

as you can see that some parts of the game are done and some still needs work, i had some features such as the CoreGui turned on right now for debugging, and the map is just a skeleton to test on, but all of this right now is only about 20 percent of what needs to be done in total, i want to ask if this game idea is interesting enough to continue working on, as many of the features that the game will have will be very complicated/technical. Thanks-

4 Likes

The game looks good but the UI looks busy, and thrown together at the last second. Otherwise, well done. I think I would give the game a try. Something you could try is Roundify, or UICorner. (Recommended)

2 Likes

are you talking about the Tool Bar and Leaderboard? those will be disabled when the game comes out, this is just for debugging and stuff

I mean the main User Interface, not the CoreUI, or leaderboard.

1 Like

ok your not wrong, most of the interface is just there as a pointer, will improve later, i usually like to tackle the more complicated tasks first in projects

1 Like

Improve the UI a bit man. Maybe roundly a few things and make the labels say “-” or “…” or nothing. The UI looks a bit plain and square. Maybe us Photoshop or pixel.com/x/ to make some UI. Other than that, the game is awesome and I’d play it :wink:

1 Like

I would play the game, but however, the game is a bit laggy for any user to play, so I suggest you paste in an anti-lag script for safety!

1 Like

Looks good, not sure how I feel about the crumbling fragmentation part. It’d cause quite a bit of lag. You should only use fragmentation when it’s stuck to a metal frame perhaps so it’d avoid a complete crumble…therefore, less lag.

The UI does need improving. Would you consider implementing a tilting system as well? Yes I’d play this btw.

The only issue with making games like this, is that you risk getting DMCA takedown, even if it based of another game.

its already implemented :slight_smile:

1 Like

not exactly, you cant copyright a idea, im not ripping off R6S assets, and it is not an exact rip/clone, it is merely inspired by its gameplay, the operators in this game would be original, and would also have different mechanics, gameplay mechanics. games like Counter Blox would be more likely to get a DMCA take down as it is more apparent to be a exact clone

I wouldn’t get too cocky, remember about skyblock? That didn’t survive

I don’t think it’s fair to say that SkyBlock got killed off. They did get a DMCA Takedown request but I think that was only over the name and the game is back up with 56,000 players playing after their name change. As well, the OP is right about ideas can’t be copyrighted.

Now that is out of the way, the game looks decent for right now. I wouldn’t be able to say much more without playing it myself. You are going in the right direction though. The one issue that I see is possible lag due to the fragmentation but that could be handled easily if you delete old fragments so it doesn’t keep adding up. Good luck continuing your game.

yah, im aware of that, it doesnt lag much for me when im not recording, but that might just be me, i would get others to test the game in the future for lag, as i do intend to have some performant things in the game as to keep the theme of realism

Dope! I really like it. Obviously the UIs could be better but they’re placeholders as you previously said. I really like the fact that the wall is breaking on the bullet hits. I would definitely play that game.

Okay. The silence at the beginning and then a gun shot scared me. but overall I would play that.

thats me trying to press record lol

I suggest removing the leader board GUI at the top right of the screen. Otherwise, pretty good game! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Default UI is on for testing purposes

1 Like

Everyone seems to have mentioned the UI, so I won’t leave any comment on that.

I’m intrigued by the destructible walls, but also very worried. If you’re using in-game solid modeling, that can be quite laggy and CPU intensive. I’d recommend creating an alternative, custom system for destroying walls. Also, if I were to play this the way walls work right now, I’d be very irritated at having to meticulously shoot those tiny remaining pillars after spraying at a wall. I’d also recommend that be changed.

The short answer: yes, if you’re wanting to gain a fanbase. Just look at Phantom Forces and Counter Blox. Both of those games are based off their non-Roblox bigger brothers, and are of a genre similar to yours. It will take a lot of work, but if I saw a CS-style Roblox game with the quality of Phantom Forces, I’d play it.

Anyways, I hope this helped!

1 Like