Writing a neat kick message

I’ve been writing my own admin module and what struck me was that you can’t really write a normal kick message.
For example I got this image from google showing the bloxburg kick message for hackers. It skips lines and is formal.

When I kick someone I can’t skip lines or start at a new line, I can write a lot of spaces but I’m looking for a more efficient/better way.
Anyone knows how to do this?

3 Likes
Player:Kick("Custom message here")
1 Like

local Message = [[
You got kicked because you are big bad
:((
]]

print(Message)

you can also use \n for new lines Im not entirely sure if they have this support in lua and personally I don’t like using them but its another option

2 Likes

I’m looking for a way to skip lines and write the message on a new line, if you go to the image I included in the post you can see what I mean.

2 Likes
Player:Kick("\n\n you were kicked because of something \n") 
-- add a line before the error code

@H3kken added picture

\n is used to add a new line to strings

7 Likes

Just use :Kick("You got kicked from the game: ("..Player.UserId..")") but you gotta define the play variable. But I personally like to keep all my messages, into tables since its easier to manage.

1 Like

You cant make the kick message too long, but you could make a variable of what to say. For example

local kickmessage = "You have been kicked due to trolling staff at ..."

Then with the kick just call that variable.

1 Like

To give a clear answer, \n is the solution. (the n stands for newline)

In your example, here’s how you can replicate that kick message:

player:Kick("(ID: 1042)\n\nYour account has been using cheats, scripts, bots and/or exploits in-game.\n\nBecause of this, the account has been banned from accessing Welcome to Bloxburg!")

7 Likes

This seems to work. /n just adds some spaces for me.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure you should use \n instead of /n…

5 Likes

\n didn’t work for me, doesn’t create a new line.

1 Like

Hello. The newline characters in kick messages turn into invisible characters for this reason:

just do

local msg = "hawdjsahdajwhd

u are a bad boy dont do it again

"

--and then ur kick script