Your Thoughts On My Finished Cafe?

Hi,
I recently posted a thread asking for interior design help and quite a few people wanted an update on my progress, so here it is.

I want to reiterate that interior design has always been a weakness and something I have been trying to drastically improve. That being said, I did try my hardest to make the inside warm and friendly without any excessive items. The pictures will be posted down below so feel free to look at them and judge them yourselves.

Please feel free to post your thoughts and suggestions.
I am looking to improve so any criticism will be taken as constructive.

Thanks and have a good day!

Pictures

13 Likes

Hi,

For the sign, you might need an apostrophe after AJ’s. Also, where’s the entrance? You could probably use more recess lights on the ceiling too. The menu could also included some images and probably some light shining on it. You can also include some terrain and a pathway leading to the entrance.
Nice cafe overall great job!

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions! The door is in the first picture on the right side. The lightning might make it hard to see at first. I am still working on terrain but great suggestion on the pathway.

2 Likes

The ceiling feels too empty. Here’s my suggestion: Go add some hanging decorations around the ceiling, such as lanterns, papier mâché of something that represents the cafe, go wild on anything.

Ventilation and air ducts are optional. Including pipes too.

4 Likes

I noticed that when I was building but I have a hard time making some intricate objects like that. I will definitely work on adding some things in that will make the ceiling pop out a little more.

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m not a huge fan of the colours of the walls and the yellow carpets. The chimney, the ground, the walls, and the roof are all different colours of warm to bright. I would make the most walls a nice spruce brown (like the spruce wood color in Minecraft.) I would make the brick on the chimney a much brighter red than the orange/tan colour you have right now. The yellow carpets I would change to a slightly brighter red than the red carpets around it. I would also make the floor colour a brighter brown than it is now (assuming you made the changes of everything else. Otherwise it would look funny with only a brighter floor colour an nothing else.)
That’s all I have for now! I would rate your restaurant/cafe an 8.5/10.
Great work!

2 Likes

Thanks for the rating! I will tinker around with the color choices you have suggested and let you know how it turns out.

Thanks!

1 Like

I have changed the color of the flooring, carpet, and chimney. I’m still working on the walls and plan on finishing that tomorrow. Tell me what you think about the new coloring.

3 Likes

I would add some kind of a pane (maybe with a burned texture?) as no owner would let a fire close to a carpet or wood or even customers without a propper protection.

As for the ceiling, most cafes don’t have decorations, but you should add some kind of tiling as those lamps look like they would be installed that way.

5 Likes

I feel like you should find replacements for the decals inside. (The menu and the hot dog image)
The menu isn’t that detailed and if you added a background that fits in with the sign, it will look much better.
The hot dog is just a picture of a hot dog in real life, so you could possibly build a hot dog in Roblox and take a screenshot of it behind a green screen to make it fit in.

4 Likes

I love it, it looks amazing. You’ve done a good job. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Look’s really good so far, keep up the good work!

4 Likes

I’ll check on the tile but for the fireplace, it is covered with a glass case for protection. Most cafes do that to protect customers from the direct fire.

I will look into adding tiles for the lights thanks!

4 Likes

Good idea for the hot dog I will try and figure that out soon. The menu is temporary until I do some more testing with what colors match.

Thanks for the suggestions!

2 Likes

I saw the update image. It looks amazing. The chimney looks way nicer in my opinion now. The floor is the perfect color I was imagining. I would make the lights more circular than square though on the ceiling. I would add a neon glowing hotdog sign with the force - field texture below the sign outside of the cafe. (Just to spice things up!) Overall, It look way nicer. Great Job!

3 Likes

What a nice finished cafe you have, created looks really amazing. I like the details and the cafe decorations you added! On the walls and In different places of your build and around, the interior area i think it well look more better with other details. And different types of decorations added to your cafe and on the ceiling. Of the cafe itself however i feel like you should, add some ceiling decorations as it seems to look a bit empty. If you go to a couple of cafe in real life you will mostly see it has Modern Ceiling lamp, Vintage Industrial lamp, Hanging Ceiling Plant, ect. As that’s most need around these kind of, cafes but no all them in (Real Life) will not have! These inside certain cafes only a few since they mostly, have just hanging lights as decorations for the ceiling. You could try adding a couple of those decorations, implemented onto the ceiling part but if your! Going for a regular cafe i would choose the vintage, industrial lamp instead of the modern lamps. Since your not making going for that kind of style! However i see you only added posters, on the walls you could try adding some other cafe decorations. Such as Cafe Coffee Metal Art, Coffee Cup Sign, Coffee Poster, Coffee Latte Espresso Metal Sign, Cafe Pictures, ect. You don’t want to go over board with the decorations just. Try adding some details around the cafe so! It could look like a full done cafe featuring other decorations.

I see you didn’t add any kind of exterior decorations and details. Around the cafe i believe your still working on that, however if your trying to make the cafe look more! Improved and detailed i would try adding some benches, flowers, potted plants, welcome sign, bike racks, bollards, door mat, chalkboard sign, bushes, plants, tables and chairs, ect. Those are just some exterior decorations you could try adding because, if you look at a real life cafe you would most likely. See these kind of details always implemented onto the sidewalk or a! Path way with grass around the cafe so the different decorations could go around. The exterior area you. Could just add a couple of exterior decorations just so it could, look more detailed overall if you plan on adding a bunch! Of details those are some that i’ll add to the exterior part overall you have a wonderful cafe it looks very nice. Just try adding bits of ceiling decorations not to much though. Because some cafes don’t always have that much decor.

Anyways, you have amazing cafe here i like the different details you added around the interior part. The color scheme and textures you implemented to, your cafe really fit very well, however i know your cafe is still being worked on because it! Doesn’t have the exterior details and some little bits of decorations for the ceiling. Part but i know your currently working on that by adding pathways, plants, wall decor, ect. Can’t wait to see the final update of the cafe once it’s fully completed, very soon and the different, details you add to your creation great job on your wonderful cafe. Hope to see the improvements of it as well you have a! Great build here, with more vegetation and. Other details i know it will make your AJs Cafe stand! Out more and look more. Improved overall, nice job! On your creation!

4 Likes

I completely forgot about the smaller exterior details. Thank for you the suggestions and I will work on adding those in.

3 Likes

I do like it, but try and add some decoration. At the moment, it seems plain. I think you might also want to change the Hotdog decal, as it looks like its just put there, it doesn’t go with the building style.

That cafe looks really nice, but those are just some small things that I would change. Good job.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions. I have heard a lot about changing the hot dog decal so I will be changing that soon. I also have heard a lot about adding more details which will take a bit more time but will be finished as well.

Thanks!

3 Likes

What were those chairs made in? They’re gorgeous (the smaller ones at the circular tables). The whole café looks incredible, you’ve really done a great job. I love seeing things like this because I just started building and modeling and these really inspire me. Anyway I just wanted to know how you made those incredible chairs.

1 Like