Z-Index is inverted/ignored when editing UI in the Studio viewport

Many users experiencing this issue right now (including myself)

Here too :point_down:

2 Likes

yes, need an fix asaaaappp!!!

Iā€™m also experiencing issues with the UI Editor.

https://gyazo.com/d1cdb4acf8af9667e60d364e9c93d4c6

Clicking on objects with High ZIndex values doesnā€™t select them. Instead, its selecting things layered underneath. In this video, the Button Iā€™m trying to select has a ZIndex of 3, but the frames being selected are layered underneath, with a ZIndex of 1.

Iā€™m using Global ZIndexBehaviour!

Please Fix this Roblox!

5 Likes

I want to update everyone that the Zindex has now become inverted, meaning if you access the smaller frame, youā€™ll need to increase the Zindex of the main frame to a number larger than the Zindex of the small frame. However, itā€™s still really buggy and doesnā€™t work sometimes. Again, I do hope they fix this issue tomorrow :smiling_face_with_tear:

4 Likes

It is a pain to edit UI with this bug, I am currently just changing the position of UI elements through the property panel because of this issue, everything in the background is getting selected instead of what I wantā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m bumping this, please fix this. It is impossible to edit the UI at the moment.
Iā€™m hoping this will get fixed soon, making a UI takes way longer now, especially in a big game full of invisible frames.

3 Likes

Fix this stupid bug already, itā€™s been 5 days and itā€™s nearly impossible to edit UIā€™s at all.

1 Like

Hi all, thank you for escalating this issue. We are investigating this urgently and will update as soon as we can.

2 Likes

Hi all, this should be resolved now. Please restart Studio to apply an update and let me know if this behavior continues.

11 Likes

Itā€™s finally fixed, thank you very much.

1 Like

Thank you for finally responding! I can confirm this bug is fixed myself. Good evening to you and all your team!

1 Like

Tysm! Seems to fixed, and i can finally edit the UI of my game again! :heart:

1 Like

Hello!

Quick addition, actually: if you set a ScreenGUIā€™s ZIndexBehavior to Sibling, a label that would draw over the screen would still not be selected but its parent frame would.

I can attach a repro file if necessary.

Is this expected behaviour?
Thank you a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

make sure this doesnā€™t happen again pall

1 Like

Hi Meaxis, thanks for the follow-up. Could you file a new devforum bug with a repro file? This sibling behavior has likely existed in the UI Editor for a long time and is unrelated to the issue you reported in this thread.

Of course! Please find the new link here: Z-Index Behaviour is not respected when editing UI in the viewport

As a curiosity question that you are free to skip over, I wanna ask: if the bug is known, why is it not resolved yet? I ask this with no ill over Roblox staff by the way, Iā€™m just curious to the methodology as to fixing bugs internally

Thank you for your consideration & good evening to you and your colleagues!

Hi Meaxis, thank you for the bug report. To answer your question, we receive a high volume of bug reports, so we must prioritize them. As a result, there may be issues we are aware of that donā€™t receive the resources necessary to resolve right away.

I sympathize with your frustration regarding the UI Editor. Please continue to report issues as you encounter them. It is a great help to our team in understanding the state of the UI Editor.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.