Can not search filtered usernames

If you search a player’s username that is filtered it won’t turn up:

I was searching up the user Ogbobbyjohnson6789, but I couldn’t get to profile because it kept on censoring his username. Ik there’s a function for it, but I usually go to a player’s profile to grab their UserId.

Ended up just google searching their username: https://www.roblox.com/users/151271533/profile

23 Likes

Wow… so even the input we type in ourselves (which can’t be seen by anyone else) is now filtered? (yep, seems like a bug) :cold_sweat:

A bit off-topic, but please don’t do this ROBLOX

In case you can’t get to the profile via a Google search, there’s also https://www.roblox.com/User.aspx?Username=USERNAME_HERE

29 Likes

this filtering is going to drive me crazy

58 Likes

lol we need like a ROBLOX 16+ website now

23 Likes

That’s pretty extreme lol

8 Likes

I don’t understand why input that only we see would be filtered. This makes absolutely no sense.

32 Likes

Same for game searches, tried to search for ‘mashables’ and got 0 results for #########

9 Likes

Honestly, this filtering issue is getting out of hand now. Normal conversations in game = impossible, searching up certain groups/people that have normal names = impossible. It’s driving me insane

12 Likes

Yep - got this when searching up a few of my friend’s names i.e Fraser2TheMax as seen below. This is really getting ridiculous now:

6 Likes

Literally just came here to post a bug report but you’ve beaten me to it, I found a user in-game who sent me a friend request so I decided to check up his profile, he’s called “ILoveMacandcheese2” and that was filtered as can be seen by this URL:
https://www.roblox.com/search/users?keyword=ilovemacandcheese2

This filtering crap is going too far :confused:

8 Likes

Any update on this? My friend has his username hash-tagged even though his name is perfectly clean. Very annoying when people are trying to search him up.

3 Likes

Necro bumping but this is still an issue.

For the love of god, please fix it.

This hurts players, developers and literally anyone trying to find somebody else on the roblox website. This is not only exclusive to players, too.

Games, groups and catalog item searches also get tagged even when there is no reason to.

The tags are literally local. Only the person writing the words can see them in the website. It makes no sense to even tag those words.

Please, just get rid of the search tag mechanism.

11 Likes

Definitely agree with this, don’t see why they would approve usernames when a player makes their account just to tag it later when someone searches up their name…? Either way, as others have said, a player’s searches are only seen by themselves. Why in the world would they need to tag it?

4 Likes

Locking because this is a heavily duplicated topic that has been discussed and thoroughly justified already.
Consider referring to this thread instead, and reading other linked threads to gain an understanding of why this filter is in place: