“Egg Hunt” 2021 Metaverse Event Opportunity!

Is this for front page games only? I feel like my game would be a good diverse fit in this event, but I’m afraid it might be overshadowed by larger games with high Concurrent Users

20 Likes

I perfectly agree with you. As a developer, (and player) myself, I don’t really like the idea of DevHunts, and I don’t really think it’s even benefiting developers that much.

Egg Hunts are supposed to be enjoyable, and the players have COUNTLESSLY expressed their views about this. Egg Hunts should be cattered to BOTH developers, AND players—not just developers.

Most of the games people don’t even play after the Egg Hunt.

I don’t see the point of another dev hunt. I think if a group of devs just made one game. (like 2017 and 2018) it would highlight their ability and talent and games more than just having a quest in a random game.

40 Likes

But the thing is, people aren’t enjoying this event! (As in, not anymore.)

Players have COUNTLESSLY complained and told what they thought, about the 2019/2020 Egg Hunt(s), and have expressed their love for the egg hunts like 2018 and 2017.

Players basically loved 2018 and 2017 and enjoyed it. What was the problem with having it in one game, like it was ever since 2019? Players had no problem with 2012-2018 egg hunts. (Except 2015.)

26 Likes

Their was a lot of community support for our last Egg Hunt. Some are just saying “Oh, I hated it and because I didn’t like it Roblox needs to change”. Just because you don’t enjoy it, doesn’t mean someone else won’t.

6 Likes

Ah yes, jumping from game to game, learning mechanics of a game that you will never play and also the game will die as soon as event ends. Enjoy
Did you saw someone saying “wow this egg hunt 2020 was so gooooooood”?
Same fate will come to egg hunt 2021

23 Likes

I’m not saying there wasn’t ANYONE who actually liked Egg Hunt 2020,
but majority of players didn’t like it.

How we had Egg Hunts from 2012-2018 (except 2015) was perfectly fine. It was beneficial to players, as they liked it, and beneficial to the devs who worked on it.

16 Likes

I like the sound of “Metaverse Event”. One thing that I am curious about for this year’s Egg Hunt is how it will look like. The previous Egg Hunt had its flaws and such, but I am curious whether or not if this is a step-up from last years’ and the year before. I am looking forward to see if this a improvement from last years’ event and how things will turn out.

4 Likes

Developer’s games actually had quite a few more concurrent players after the Egg Hunt last year so it isn’t exactly a valid argument. Also, that wasn’t the point of featuring games.

1 Like

This ain’t it

I’m so happy I got to experience the 2017 Egg Hunt and the 2018 Egg Hunt. Those were the 2 best egg hunts in Roblox by far. It really got the community together to look for the eggs. But of course, Roblox thinks it’s better to do another dev hunt that no one likes.

I didn’t play the 2019 and the 2020 dev hunt and I will for sure not play this dev hunt.

This is sad…

48 Likes

Lovely! Cannot wait to submit one of the games I’ve worked on for this. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Seems like you guys do not learn from past mistakes, as this will be the third time the great mistake of the current template will be made again.

Us Belgians and the Dutch have a saying for this;

A donkey does not hit his head against the same stone twice.

But apparently it is going to be the third time this horrible template is going to be used.

I have actually made a very descriptive thread about this, it got deleted, so I figure copying and pasting it here will be appropriate.

Why the template sucks.

The imposed template allows and contributes to a lot of problems in the participating egg hunt games. Problems which are usually not present in traditional egg hunt games such as '17 or '18 created by a dedicated group of Developers.

• There is absolutely no quality control over the participating games.

There are a plethora of quality problems that plagued games such as; game-breaking bugs, purposefully “having to wait” designed games, games which objectives literally complete itself, excessive advertisement, lacklustre objectives, making numbers go up or having no clear indication what to do.

It seems that nearly all participating egg hunt games had one or the other problem which greatly diminished the experience of playing the games.

• People playing for the egg and people playing the original objective of the participating egg hunt game will disrupt each other.

An example of a game which had this problem extensively was Arsenal in 2019. The objective to obtain the egg was to kill a chicken, this, however, was severely disruptive to the players actually wanting to play the main objective of the game and vice versa. Other games which had this problem include but not limited to; Innovation Arctic Base 2019, A wolf or other 2020, The Wild West 2020…etc

• Pay to win.

Some Developers used the Egg hunt tradition to make an extra buck by creating game passes like;
" EXTRA % SPAWN CHANGE ", " FAST PASS ", " EXTRA LIVES “,” ABILITY TO CHOOSE WHAT MAP/ROUND TO PLAY "

A few examples of games that did this were; Gravity Oasis 2020, ROBLOX Point 2019, Tiny Tanks 2020, Time Travel Adventures 2020,

• Diverging from the theme.

Arguably the most unimportant factor when it comes to the tradition but still a factor to be considered. Take a look at the theme of Egg hunt 2020, the theme was “Secret Agents” but only a quarter of the games had any content relating to said theme.

• A lot of games were not mobile or console compatible.

There were a disturbing amount of games with neither mobile nor console support. Why these games were chosen in the first place is beyond me but then again, incompetency is no strange thing to ROBLOX.

• Dumbing down objectives to appeal to a bigger audience.

According to Starmarine614, the maker of the game ROBLOX point, he was forced to “dumb” down his missions.

" The amount of times I had to dumb down the mission because Roblox told me it was too hard was ridiculous. "

I don’t know how much influence ROBLOX asserts over the difficulty of missions, but this problem seems rather unique as similar things haven’t happened in egg hunts that did not use the modern Template.

• A missing lobby?

This instance has only happened in the most recent egghunt and is quite disturbing since it could set a trend for upcoming egghunts.

A lobby is very important to an egghunt as it provides coordination for players and replayability of the event after it has ended.

Moving forward.

I’d strongly suggest settling for an egghunt similar to the ones of 2016 / 2017 or 2018 as these egghunts were the ones that were best received by a very large margin.

The quality of these older egghunts in general were a lot better than the modern ones because they are made by a selected group of professional individuals.

My personal opinion.

I have been an avid fan of the tradition and I myself have had the opportunity to play every egghunt since 2013. That being said, I’ve been severely disappointed how the tradition has grown out to be so absolutely dreadful.

The childlike magic and fun I once had playing egghunts is gone and knowing how ROBLOX interacts with community feedback I’m afraid this is yet another thing I have to resign.

93 Likes

Not really. The games that had “concurrent players after the Egg Hunt” were already popular.
Here are some examples from 2019:
Tales from the Valley: ZERO people playing.
Project: Lazer: ZERO people playing.

And these games have poor ratings FROM the event in 2019. If these types of egg hunts worked, how come there’s nobody playing? (And it’s been like this since Egg Hunt 2019 ended.)

26 Likes

It’s indeed my opinion and a lot of the community’s opinion as well.

7 Likes

Would you rather keep the pockets of developers happy with a silent minority or rather than keeping the majority of the players who speaks out at bad ideas disappointed

12 Likes

RoughSphereBlox: Have an experience that is compatible on at least 2 different platforms

Me: 3 not 2… Us Xbox players are so forgotten… Did you know that you can play PC games on Xbox if you plug a USB Mouse and Keyboard to your console?

9 Likes

Rthro characters are characters that have certain body parts from packages not of the default Roblox limbs. For example, the default blocky limbs are not Rthro, while something like this would be.

This does not define as R6 or R15 (rig), it defines instead as a mesh.

Any character can be R6 or R15, in the avatar editor.

7 Likes

The thing I am seeing with Developer Hunts is that it just seems like Roblox is trying to promote games to give developers a chance to shine in the spotlight. If you take a look at some of the games from EH 2019 and EH 2020, you probably never even heard of some of these games or you probably never even knew these games existed.

6 Likes

Almost no one enjoyed the past two egg hunts. I enjoyed the 2019 Egg Hunt a little, but only because it had a hub and was more than jumping around games. It had its own little story and eggs to hint for within the game. The 2020 Egg Hunt didn’t have a hub, and I honestly forgot everything about it a month later. Almost no one enjoys the DevHunts, why should they continue?

20 Likes

The only players who thought it was good were people who JOINED in 2019/2020, so they didn’t experience how Egg Hunts USED to be…

13 Likes

Why do you accept bad events? People must speak out against things they do not like. What does nostalgia have to do with it?

20 Likes