“Egg Hunt” 2021 Metaverse Event Opportunity!

I am in the same position. I want to help but I don’t have any super popular games that can show my skill.

6 Likes

They were fine, and I joined in 2014. There was nothing wrong with these events. Just because people are too lazy to learn how to play a game they dislike this.

3 Likes

Can for sure agree with this. I still remember the 2017 and the 2018 egg hunts to this day. Those were really fun and brought me good memories.

17 Likes

It’s not that they are too lazy to learn how to play the game, every dev hunt gets YouTube tutorials. The problem is when they dislike the game.

11 Likes

I wouldn’t want to waste hours on playing a single game then needing to do it constantly for each event-place I enter. Consistency is key for a good event.

14 Likes

Last year’s egg hunt introduced me to some good games like Bee Swarm and Wild West and I’m sure it has introduced others too

5 Likes

But half of it was simulators and other unfavorable games. I don’t think the boys felt good when they played Royale High…

19 Likes

“Rthro” is really just the Body Type scaling option at 100%. “Rthro bundles” are (typically taller) characters that utilize this scaling option, so that they can be scaled down to the classic R15 size if need be.

4 Likes

Isn’t that personal information?

Yes, you’re just giving it to Roblox.

2 Likes

Again, the majorities’ opinion. Most people I’ve seen and heard of (that played it) loved egg hunt 2017 and 2018.
This is good for developers, but if you are interested why not just try with the ebr thing? The devhunt was terrible. So many flaws and p2w stuff.

I agree with you, but fortunately most of them had a mobile/console version.

Seems like you are the one blinded…

Egg hunts aren’t supposed to be that hard, hard enough, but really? Some of the mechanics on 2020 were impossible to learn. It would have taken me weeks just to find some of the objectives w/o youtube.

15 Likes

2017-8 had a hub. Actually the entire event was in one game.

4 Likes

From what I can tell, people vastly prefer a unified game experience. You can’t achieve this with isolated developers, all working on their own games.

What if instead of submitting your own game, you instead submitted your portfolio to join the Egg Hunt 2021 team?

22 Likes

I still remember the 2013 Egg Hunt extremely well! It was so much fun and brought so many memories. I remember trying to get the witch egg with my sisters and never ending up doing it, and so many other fun memories! What do I remember from the 2020 Egghunt? Being unable to get the egg from some game I don’t remember, no game hub, and frustration. That’s all I remember.

12 Likes

cc: @bluddbrain I agree. It introduced me to many games. @GuestIsJustBest, a game shouldn’t really be excluded because of stereotypes like that. I actually found myself liking the event(Probably the shooting people with bows parts( wait no, that was the only part I enjoyed lol):stuck_out_tongue:) but I would have never tried it at all. I mean, I never played again, but it showed me games aren’t all they seem.

3 Likes

But the whole point of these “dev hunts” was to help developers and improve their player count. Those games were already popular, AND you could’ve just looked on the front page for them.

So why just make it where the players absolutely hate it, just to do something that’s pretty much useless?

3 Likes

A total of four games did not allow mobile players to join and receive the egg, essentially preventing them from being able to acquire the respective games’ eggs as well as the Faberge egg if they could not or did not want to access the games on a PC.

Also, a lot of other games lazied out such as Tiny Tanks which made it so mobile players instantly got the reward after joining the game.

12 Likes

And that purpose is defeated if the players just forget about the game after the hunt.

6 Likes

I love how Roblox still continues to do the egghunts that involve other games, I really wish that Adventure Lands would be finished in time for the 2021 Egghunt, but sadly that won’t be the game with this game, The game would provide an eggcelent opportunity for an egg to be placed, but it just wouldn’t be ready in time.

Even though Roblox continues to do the Metaverse egghunts, I really feel like they should return to the Adventure Game egghunts that were one massive game made just for the egghunt, Those types of egghunts are so enjoyable and allow players to travel across a massive game made just for the Egghunt. True, it may not give other developers access to shine in the spotlight with their game during the Egghunt, but something about the Adventure Game style egg hunts are so iconic on Roblox.

14 Likes

Hopefully it’s not another disappointment. 2019 and 2020 were bad enough. One more and that’s a hat trick

9 Likes

Agreed. Games that are featured in any sort of events get tons of attraction because people want to claim the prize that is given. Once the event is over, the attraction for these games will die down.

5 Likes