17+ Experiences Can Add Support for Strong Language

As stated in the original post, this is planned for the future.

Stop nitpicking things to complain about. No one was thinking of it that way. Its just an example. No need to think too much into it.

11 Likes

I’m having second thoughts.

8 Likes

Roblox really knows how to play with my emotions. I am happy about some of the features being created. Although this update is very past due, glad to see it happen nonetheless.

17 Likes

This actually makes sense ALOT of sense. Nobody should be banned for indirectly swearing at something in a game like swearing when your dying.

I’m also glad that this only applies to indirect swearing and 17+ games and cant be used with harassment. This has been a well needed change for age verified users in 17+ games.

5 Likes

Players have fun with things first day. It’ll calm down in the coming days.

Sure, it’l be slightly annoying to know that some people will use it more frequently and more profusely, but hopefully it’ll allow people to just use it, and then not bother with bypasses.

6 Likes

i would like to re-state/expand on a question i had in an earlier announcement, as i feel the question could be molded and extended to this:

could we possibly see an extension of this type of support for smaller subsets of an experience in the future, rather than needing to commit to either pushing this change onto an entire experience or ditching it entirely?
some use cases i could think of could be devoting servers to 17+ users with strong language allowed (in a similar way that some experiences already do with voice chat), or simply being able to apply this 17+ filter to messages both sent and seen by 17+ users, while still filtering it normally to younger/unverified users

6 Likes

Ok but can we do it on the devforum too

6 Likes

I was 17 once. I never was one to use swear words, but when I have kids, I will put my hands on their mouths each time they’re about to swear (until they turn 17.0000 and show me their driving licences, that is). This is per your inspiration.

I don’t think we should legislate cyberspace based on information which is binded to real-life documents which we have little control over. Worse still is that if these documents get stolen or leaked, it’s considered doxing. When Veriff or Persona suffer a data leak, please let me know.

I made a video about this exact post. It doesn’t take too strong of a stance, but it does go over some of the potential consequences of age-walling. Hope it sums my take up well!

8 Likes

Thank you for in the next 3 years. HOWEVER, can 13+ people say lmao now?

5 Likes

Does this allow users to upload contain that contains Strong Language then? Such as images, models, and audio assets? I would suspect ROBLOX to relax on these things as well if such language is allowed by Players.

2 Likes

Using this same logic you could apply this to 13> games too, almost all people over 13 swear at this point, and having it only for 17+ players seems to be an “interesting” choice.

Consider that, please.

3 Likes

This is an awesome feature, it would be great if we had the option for people to use strong language to “bully” each other as there are many users who actually enjoy arguing, yelling, and cursing at each other though.

Hopefully we can have the ability to toggle that in the future :yum:.

2 Likes

I’m glad that this change finally happened, especially considering how certain content is now allowed in 17+ games, makes sense that they’ll finally accept that players will use such language in those kind of games

2 Likes

What an update! I’m super glad to see Roblox slowly relaxing their chat filters to allow its OG community to keep playing. Although not allowing NPC’s to swear at players will still restrict some ideas, this is a huge jump and I’m all for it.

2 Likes

its still funny to think about while im over here getting unappealable 1day banned for saying “say your code” with no context whatsoever
really shows how great moderation is

2 Likes

Does anyone actually trust Roblox moderation in specific with a 17+ game? Anything that is even mildly 17+?

2 Likes

I’ve tried this out on my baseplate and it’s very faulty, It sometimes doesn’t allow the word with extra letters and tagged “oh ####tt” and apparently people are still getting warned and banned from voice chat.

2 Likes

Most people start swearing way before 13 but it still makes sense to allow it for 13+ ages.

4 Likes

finally! I hope this will eventually turn into something more mature and allow more freedom of speech without simple things being tagged

1 Like

I must hide when playing Roblox experiences before my mom finds out.

3 Likes