17+ Experiences Can Add Support for Strong Language

Ok but can we do it on the devforum too

6 Likes

I was 17 once. I never was one to use swear words, but when I have kids, I will put my hands on their mouths each time they’re about to swear (until they turn 17.0000 and show me their driving licences, that is). This is per your inspiration.

I don’t think we should legislate cyberspace based on information which is binded to real-life documents which we have little control over. Worse still is that if these documents get stolen or leaked, it’s considered doxing. When Veriff or Persona suffer a data leak, please let me know.

I made a video about this exact post. It doesn’t take too strong of a stance, but it does go over some of the potential consequences of age-walling. Hope it sums my take up well!

8 Likes

Thank you for in the next 3 years. HOWEVER, can 13+ people say lmao now?

5 Likes

Does this allow users to upload contain that contains Strong Language then? Such as images, models, and audio assets? I would suspect ROBLOX to relax on these things as well if such language is allowed by Players.

2 Likes

Using this same logic you could apply this to 13> games too, almost all people over 13 swear at this point, and having it only for 17+ players seems to be an “interesting” choice.

Consider that, please.

3 Likes

This is an awesome feature, it would be great if we had the option for people to use strong language to “bully” each other as there are many users who actually enjoy arguing, yelling, and cursing at each other though.

Hopefully we can have the ability to toggle that in the future :yum:.

2 Likes

I’m glad that this change finally happened, especially considering how certain content is now allowed in 17+ games, makes sense that they’ll finally accept that players will use such language in those kind of games

2 Likes

What an update! I’m super glad to see Roblox slowly relaxing their chat filters to allow its OG community to keep playing. Although not allowing NPC’s to swear at players will still restrict some ideas, this is a huge jump and I’m all for it.

2 Likes

its still funny to think about while im over here getting unappealable 1day banned for saying “say your code” with no context whatsoever
really shows how great moderation is

2 Likes

Does anyone actually trust Roblox moderation in specific with a 17+ game? Anything that is even mildly 17+?

2 Likes

I’ve tried this out on my baseplate and it’s very faulty, It sometimes doesn’t allow the word with extra letters and tagged “oh ####tt” and apparently people are still getting warned and banned from voice chat.

2 Likes

Most people start swearing way before 13 but it still makes sense to allow it for 13+ ages.

4 Likes

finally! I hope this will eventually turn into something more mature and allow more freedom of speech without simple things being tagged

1 Like

I must hide when playing Roblox experiences before my mom finds out.

3 Likes

Wow, I got through most of the George Carlin list, the one word not allowed surprised me when many other much stronger ones were, but whatever, it was funny to see them echo back. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I blurred out a lot of the gore (I get banned enough) and curse words, but you can certainly say just about anything not targeted directly to someone else.

2 Likes

If an NPC says the F-word, we will have to upload a script that has the F-word in it. Does this count as something we cannot do right now? What about BillboardGuis or TextLabel content?

4 Likes

You first have to update your questionnaire to include that your experience has strong language in it to update your rating, then as long as the strong language isn’t audio or image files, according to the rules as I read them, you should be clear. So the NPC can’t say f*** via audio and you can’t have a giant sign in game that reads f*** but text chat is what the update is referring to, the way I understand it anyway, so the NPC texting profanity that isn’t directed at the player should be ok. Just like the example sign on the first post, the NPC can get scared and shout “s*** that scared me”, but the NPC can’t say “[insert player name] you are a piece of s***”. Someone please correct me if I misunderstand. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

The voices in my head… can finally be let out…

2 Likes

Never thought I’d see the day. Makes me wonder how developers would be able to use said language in their games though. Whether its through audio, images, UI text etc.

2 Likes

Woo hoo! Now I can make gta v in roblox! With all the curse words!!!

4 Likes