2018 Spring & Summer Accelerator & Incubator Applications!

I’ve gotta say, the anticipation generated by this is like waiting for SAT scores and college apps to come in.

9 Likes

So just to make sure, when you’re done interviewing people and move on to round 2 or whatever you’ll let us know right so we can have closure with our disappointment?

Don’t they announce it every year in the blog? I just mean they should go ahead and say something here like “Ok we’re done interviewing! Thanks for applying!” as not to keep anyone in suspension

I haven’t seen it announced on the blog for the past few years.

If you are accepted then you will get an email.
If you are declined after the interview then you’ll also get an email.

CC @Nightgaladeld

3 Likes

Oh are interviews guaranteed?

Interviews would probably based on your applications. From my experience with a campus job, it is Application -> Pre-screening Interview -> Main Interview -> Final Decision -> First few week performance evaluation, and you can be rejected at any point down the line. I imagine the Incubator and Accelerator programs would fully follow this, mainly to prevent people who seem unqualified from a full interview and remove people who end up being slackers.

TL;DR: An interview is probably not guaranteed.

1 Like

Ok so then this all comes full circle to my initial question…

I’m sure they will, it is common courtesy to give a response and it’s also not really professional to leave applicants hanging. You’ll get a response whether you’re accepted/denied eventually, just give them some time.

2 Likes

That’s what I was looking for, Thank you

Hey Developers,

Unfortunately at this point all spots for the 2018 Accelerator & Incubator programs are now full and we have closed the survey. We encourage you to apply again next year with everything new you’ve learned as we are always looking for new developers to join our programs on a yearly basis.

We’d like to thank you for showing interest in the Roblox Accelerator & Incubator programs in what has been our most competitive year since starting these programs. We hope this message does not discourage you from creating on Roblox, and instead furthers your drive to build, create and grow!

We also like to provide our developers with various opportunities to apply for custom event games throughout the year. Please feel free to apply to any of the future opportunities that we announce on the public section of the Developer Forum:

Your continued support and love for Roblox is what keeps powering the imaginations of millions of users around the world! And remember every game starts with a single brick or line of code.

Thanks,
Developer Relations Team

14 Likes

So true.

4 Likes

I hope in the coming future once I’ve got time and my projects are done I can apply for one of the two.

1 Like

Sad knack didn’t get internship. Next year I will get it though!!

2 Likes

function funfact()
if game.Workspace.Part == true then
print(“And remember every game starts with a single brick or line of code.”)
elseif game.Workspace.Part == nil then
print(“So true.”)
end
end

for i=1, 10 do
funfact()
end

2 Likes

are people who do artwork able to work on this with some of the employee’s as if we were a scripter or builder?

and is this also located in europe?

You can work together with people outside of HQ that are scripters/builders if you arrange this yourself, they are fine with that. You may also be able to work together with other accelerators/incubators.

No, these positions are at Roblox HQ (San Mateo, California).

1 Like

so like they dont let outside “contractors” talk to others who may be in that expertise at those positions? that kinds bumms me out

No, let me just quote an older post of myself above on the same question:

3 Likes

yeah I agree with your previous post

these positions are not really jobs, they’re a learning experience for you, and roblox (roblox employees get to see first-hand action how their content creators work)

if you think you (or you & a team) are already fit to take on responsibility similar, apply for one of the sponsored game events throughout the year.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.