2018 Spring & Summer Accelerator & Incubator Applications!

@2blox2quit Can we have more than one reference? The wording of question #10, on the application, implies that we can only have one, so I figured I would ask.

1 Like

Just applied for spring!
In the case we get accepted, when can we expect to be notified about it?

If my game is currently unfinished will I still get accepted later on when it is finished?

Are you guys going to give anytime an opportunity for work online or contribuite?

These two programs are not really suitable for that, being there in person and able to have face-to-face discussions with other interns/staff members is beneficial for your own learning experience and for their goals. If you just want to work online on a project that is directed by Roblox and managed by yourself, get a team together and apply to work on an event/sponsored game project instead whenever they release applications for those.

6 Likes

You can have multiple references listed in your application. :slight_smile:

Even if the game is still unfinished we encourage you to apply. Remember you never know what the outcome will be thatā€™s why we want every developer to apply even if they are not sure. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would actually like to get an internship at roblox, so Iā€™d like to try and go for the best results possible. I suppose once I finish my game I could re-apply.

We encourage everyone here to apply even if they are not sure since the submissions will keep you in our radar for next year. Always take every opportunity you see even if you are not sure about it. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

1 Like

And always remember if you donā€™t make it one year, try again next time. I saw a lot of the developers who applied in previous years but didnā€™t get accepted, who applied the second year and got a spot.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve applied :ok_hand::heart:

8 Likes

Man I cant wait to see what comes out of this round of interns :smiley:

Iā€™m all qualified to participate but I want to finish my last year of my studies, Iā€™ll try it out for 2019!

ā€“ Or if there is anything for the summer of 2018 then Iā€™d love to hop on it [hopefully web team opens up!]

3 Likes

ā€œDoes Roblox provide free snacks at the HQ?ā€
ā€œYes! Tonsā€
Tempting offer :smile:

5 Likes

kk thanks

1 Like

Loads of pistachios and redbull. I gained 10lbs at roblox in 3 months. Roblox only partially to blame.

7 Likes

To young to do this, will hopefully do this when i can. Will be interesting to see which devs enter.

I had spare dining dollars from my university that were about to expire, so I spent them all on beverages. They didnā€™t really have anything I liked, so I ended up donating them to work and I probably screwed up some sleep schedules with the 3 cases of Monster I got.

7 Likes

when are applications typically responded to? (for spring, and for summer?)

I noticed thereā€™s some internships on the corp.roblox site, are those on a similar schedule?

1 Like

My friend who was accepted a few years back said it took about 2 months for an acceptance response. My friends who applied but were not accepted said that they did not receive a notice.

I think they do send emails for when you werenā€™t accepted. Saw a few of my friends got them early last year.