2018 Spring & Summer Accelerator & Incubator Applications!

Which one mote?

Is it okay if I sent more than one application?

Before I finished filling out the third page, I clicked “Next” because I assumed there were more pages to complete that I would need to gather information for. However, this submitted the application, so I filed another one so that I can send all the information I wanted to submit.

1 Like

You may submit another application to correct mistakes. Our team will make sure we check the app with the most up to date information. :slight_smile:

Okay. Thanks for the reply.

2 Likes

What if I wanted to check the other boxes? Could I submit again?

You can re-submit, we will make sure we use the most up to date submission. :slight_smile:

Is there a deadline for when we need to submit our form? I want to finish one of my projects so I can use it as reference when I apply.

Yeah, those are different from this program.

No deadline right now, but I am looking to close out applications around the end of September.

2 Likes

I’m super interested in applying for one of these programs because I have heard they’re great; however, I would need to work with a team because most of my game ideas are not games that would only require building knowledge (which is what I excel at but programming is something I am foreign to).

Which program would you recommend if we are looking to work with a team of other developers to help out with weaknesses?

Also, my time frame is strictly restricted to summer. I am currently a college freshman so it would be tough to work during later months.

If you’re strictly restricted to summer, then accelerator is the way to go!

Also, don’t worry if you want to apply as a team. Being in a team doesn’t make it less likely for you to be accepted, so just find a team and apply! :slight_smile:

Find someone who wants to apply as an accelerator and team with them as the builder. I’m not aware of any games that have been made purely by builders, I think all the teams/solo developers have done scripting for their games.

Would apply, but A: I’m not 18, and B: I haven’t finished any games yet…so rip lol

Yeah I’m pretty aware of this. A lot of games have the default model of being run by a scripter, but I think it really depends on the idea and knowledge in marketing and strategic monetization that can make or break a game.

You can also subcontract part of your work to external devs and is encouraged! Example: This summer we had devs who subcontracted to external devs who made extra models for their games and etc…

3 Likes

A bit off topic, but around what time should one apply for a client/studio summer internship? Would late December/early January be fine?

1 Like

They post their positions even internships on the Corp site, and they can generally happen anytime during the year. They run it differently than us and we operate this program similar to a school schedule.

Thanks,
Deepak

1 Like

If we aren’t sure what we want to work on, would we get paired up with a team?
Also, what about those of us who are interested in getting an internship on say, the client team, or dev-relations, should we still apply?

Good questions:

If we aren’t sure what we want to work on, would we get paired up with a team?

Yes and no…learning from the past I don’t really want to pair people unless they really want to work together. That being said, that scenario can happen but I also encourage devs in the program to also have external devs they subcontract and partner with. So, you are allowed to partner with external devs during the program. Ex: You need a ton of assets, extra scripting help, and any other needs.

Also, what about those of us who are interested in getting an internship on say, the client team, or dev-relations, should we still apply?

Yes but let me know please.

1 Like

Interesting. I plan on applying for both the client and studio teams in addition to the summer accelerator. Should we have let you know on the application, or is just telling you here alright?