[CLOSED] 2020 REMOTE Fall Accelerator Opportunity

I’m glad to see that the program is still happening despite the pandemic going on!

I must say this seems like an interesting opportunity!
However, I do wonder to which extend does this has to be full-time?

In my case for example, I will be continuing studies during the fall which prevents me from doing full-time development, but still, as the usual, I will be working part-time with my teammates on our experience.

Indeed, the most interesting part, among others, is the fact that we get mentorship and feedback from the Roblox teams, which I guess wouldn’t necessarily imply to be full time. :blush:

So I guess my question is if you are accepting part-time participant,
but I’m also suggesting if you are not, that there could be some considerations for a separate program which would give some of the advantages of the accelerator program without the full-time commitment.

In any case, I’m looking forward to attend the Accelerator sometimes in the future.

3 Likes

I can’t wait, I hope i can get in. I finally got a team mate lol.

4 Likes

How many hours are expected to be push towards this? Can this be balanced along side college?

Thanks for the opportunity. I applied.

2 Likes

This is going to be quite interesting.
I’m excited to see as to what these 6-12 teams have for us. I’m guessing its probably some major upgrade to the Studio. If so, then I can’t wait!

3 Likes

Will there be opportunities like this for solo projects? I have a pretty large-scale and unique project, but I’m working on it alone, as I don’t really know anyone who I can trust and work with on this.

Perhaps matchmaking between similarly minded solo devs?

This is a really awesome opportunity, and it’d be a bummer to get locked out of it for being solo.

1 Like

I agree that there should be solo opportunities, but it also might be a great experience to work with a team, maybe even make some long-term friends from it. I’m a solo developer too but I’ve been wanting to try working in a team for a change, this is the perfect opportunity for me. Good luck anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

Going to add another vote for some way to get solo developers (or even artists/designers) involved. I’ve been a solo developer on Roblox for years and only just recently made a game with someone I met at the last RDC but it’s very difficult to find quality people to work with and to form a team when you don’t know people in person. The risk of working with strangers (or minors) is often just not worth it but in a controlled environment like this it could be a really wonderful thing. Which on that note feel free to check out my games and message if you think our vision is at all similar. I would LOVE to find some more people I click with and could work on future titles with.

3 Likes

It’s a legal thing. The answer would still be no

3 Likes

Awesome. Looking forward to applying, crossing my fingers!

1 Like

damn if it’s remote then why not

2 Likes

Do all members of the team have to be older than 18? Or can just the project lead be 18+?

1 Like

For legal reasons, unfortunately.

2 Likes

I’ve wanted to join this program quite a few times. Only 2 requirements didn’t match;
Being 18,
Coming to the US.

But now, since this is remote, and I will be 18 by September, I’m heavily thinking of apppying. This is “full time” as stated in the post, what do you consider “full time”? 8 hours?

2 Likes

If you can, I suggest applying and seeing what happens. I doubt “full time” would be anything crazy like 8 hours a day everyday. Good luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Huge thanks for this response! If it’s really not something like 8 hours, I’ll probably apply!!

Off to find a team member for this!

1 Like

If you wanna join my team, we’re still looking for members. Friend me: Blizzy#0645

1 Like

I’m really surprised they are still running this program due to the current circumstances, and actually excited for I am looking to possibly apply for my first time! Just need to find a team to join at this time, but glad to still see these opportunity’s running during these times. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is the equipment reimbursement a set amount of money like $1000 to buy whatever you need? Or do we ask and roblox pays what we need? If so, what’s stopping us from buying a $5000 PC? I’m guessing this will be discussed as it happens though.

2 Likes

Considering the reimbursement I believe it’ll come out of the 12 week compensation you’re initially given.

1 Like

Really would have loved to apply, but unfortunately, it will be in the way of my studies, so I won’t be able to. : (

However, I wish you all luck to whoever applies!

3 Likes