2FA via Security Key - Now Available on the Roblox iOS App

This feature is awesome. Would be also great if we could whitelist certain ip adresses that may login into your account for extra security.

some users can’t as roblox is being discontinued on old iOS devices soon

Image Credits: @Bloxy_News

1 Like

How is this relevant to the release of 2FA on Apple devices running iOS 15 or newer? I don’t quite understand your complaint about this….

2 Likes

uhh old apple devices can run iOS 15 though…

1 Like

The decision to end support for those devices has nothing to do with this feature. Also, not all Apple devices that Roblox still supports can run iOS 15 such as the iPhone 5s.

4 Likes

Roblox just removed support from lots of older iPhone models… The Android market is also shared between tablets, phones, cars, projectors as well. Android is open-sourced, which makes it much easier to develop for

1 Like

I said something like this though…

2 Likes

the devices they are discontinuing can’t…

2 Likes

yeah that’s true, kind of… also these devices are

• iPad 2
  • iPhone 4s
  • iPod Touch (5th Gen)
1 Like

They are phones that can’t handle modern Roblox and probably should have been removed a long time ago. These devices were also 32 Bits btw.

2 Likes

That’s not true. Roblox runs in 32-Bit and there is no 64-Bit version. Only a 64-Bit studio exists.

The devices were likely removed because Roblox would somehow gain profit by doing so.

1 Like

When will biometric data (such as Face ID) be available for security?

2 Likes

Roblox runs in 64-bit otherwise it wouldn’t work on modern MacOS and modern iOS.
They are likely discontinuing support for 32-bit devices to cut down on time spent on making the releases run on 32-bit devices or something of the sort.
Everything that only runs 32-bit applications nowadays are just outdated and need updated anyway.

2 Likes

Weird. I guess windows users are missing out. It runs on 32-Bit for Windows because it shows compatibility settings for 9x:
Studio does not:

2 Likes

It still runs on 32-bit on some windows devices so that must be what’s happening to you.

2 Likes

Runs in 32 bit for some older Windows versions or devices

Apple discontinued support for 32 bit apps with iOS 11 in September 2017, aka 5½ years ago so it must be 64 bit on iOS at least

2 Likes

Overall I think this is a GREAT update because if you look at how many accounts get hacked its a lot. This is especially good for users who are <13 because they are the most likely to fall for a “Free Robux” scam, so now their parents/guardians can add this to they device(s)! Awesome update Roblox!

2 Likes

actually this does nothing to protect against scams

scams grab your ROBLOSECURITY 99% of the time, which bypasses the key

2 Likes

I’m unsure if this was intentional, but the Roblox app only supports physical security keys. In Safari, I set up a Passkey using iCloud and it works fine in the web. However, when using the app, it specifically prompts me for a physical security key rather than biometrics using Passkey.

Other applications like Twitter and GitHub work just fine. I’ll share some screenshots below:

Roblox Web:

Roblox App:

GitHub:

6 Likes

Yes I was coming to the announcement to ask the same thing. Pretty weird that you can’t use Biometrics as a security key for the app

3 Likes