3D Layered Clothing is Now Available!

Most, if not all military groups on Roblox use R6. Not to mention that certain gun systems used do not support R15. R6 allows military groups to have a uniform appearance off the bat, instead of creating your own animations (which not everyone knows how to do).

8 Likes

Does anybody here know where we could find UGC creators?

2 Likes

Twitter and the TalentHub.

Talent Hub (roblox.com)

3 Likes

By any chance do you know anybody who I can contact and who would reply?

1 Like

Sorry but…

Mac: Roblox Client will install on 10.10 (Yosemite) and higher whereas the Roblox Studio will install on Mac OS 10.11 (El Capitan) and above.

They changed it? Roblox Client supported Macs as old as 10.7,but they changed it for no reason.

3 Likes

Sadly no, but I hope I helped! Also you could learn blender and make UGC assets yourself, to express your creativity and maybe make a living off of it! :wink:

5 Likes

Hello Devs! This is a quick announcement that experiences participating in the Layered Clothing Beta can now be published.

The information provided on the original Layered Clothing announcement (including instructions on enabling Layered Clothing) will still be applicable during this phase of the beta.

We expect to continue making changes to the Layered Clothing system over the next several weeks, but want to make sure that the whole community is able to experiment with these features and see the results across a wide range of devices.

Be aware that for individual players there will be no indication that your experience was published out of the studio beta feature. Please report any issues you see as a bug report.

Group Shot

68 Likes

Fun stuff! Love to see how it turns out!

5 Likes

Finally! I can use layered clothing in actual game work, this is going to be awesome.

5 Likes

I’m very interested in how this will turn out…

3 Likes

there is any way to get access to the beta for the outer cage editor?
I don’t have any problem doing this in blender but, skirts are so hard to edit the outer cage around the skirt.

Plugin

i know that they should look like this

and I have this problem doing precisely this by hand for other skirts so i think that maybe the plugin is made for easily do this process

13 Likes

It’s finally out,can’t wait for the developers to use it

4 Likes

Are there any game links showcasing this new feature? Really excited to see it for myself

5 Likes

Can’t wait for how this turns out! Though it’s pretty buggy right now.
Some parts of the clothing clip through the avatar. (I have no clue if the reason for this is the blocky avatar. Maybe this is intended for rthro avatars only.)

Also, this can happen…

Other than that, pretty neat! I like the idea of it.

13 Likes

Yeah! There are some. Like this one: Layered Clothing demo - Roblox

9 Likes

@severeweatherrr thanks for playing with this feature and reporting the issues. These are 2 known issues that the team is actively working on fixing. We have some fixes currently being tested and you will hear from us soon when the fixes are pushed.

As for the interpenetrations between clothing and body, this feature is expected to work across all bodies - classic blocky as well as Rthro. However, it tends to work better on some bodies than others since some bodies have a very low geometric detail and hiding some polygons could result in “holes”.

Could you please share with us what body bundle your avatar is wearing - is it the default blocky body or is it using a body from the catalog (if so, which one)?

3 Likes

Thanks for replying! I appreciate it.
I saw a person in the experience with a Robloxian 2.0 bundle, and some clothing went really well with that.

Also, I use the default blocky avatar, but scaled image

I hope that the issues get fixed soon. I’m pretty excited about the finished product.

5 Likes

For some reason, when i publish my experience and play it, the player rig turns from this:
obraz
Into this:
obraz
It’s pretty annoying.

4 Likes

If your place is public, could you please share the place id, so we can see what’s going on?
If you could also share the expanded Explorer view of your Avatar Model, that would be helpful as well.

3 Likes

Sure thing! Tophat rig testing - Roblox
obraz

2 Likes