A-Chassis Car Collision's Lag

Hello DevForum…

I have an issue with my cars which are set up on A-Chassis. Whenever two cars collide there is a big vision lag, meaning a car is far away from you, but is still causing contact/you to collide.

Does anyone have an fix to this issue?

More about Vision Lag can be found here → Cars Predictive Pathing

Notes: My cars are set on A-Chassis, but vision lag also happens on the Roblox basic chassis. My A-Chassis car uses the actual body of the car to handle collisions.

I have set up a script to change the Network Owner of the vehicle seat and all the body of the car to using SetNetworkOwnership(nil), but it still happens.

1 Like

When you set network ownership to the server, you’ll suffer input lag. To prevent that, A-Chassis runs on the client forcing its network ownership to the client.

If you’re using A-Chassis, you cannot use the “NVL” style code of putting the network ownership onto the server.

To fix this, you’d need to code and implement your own interpolation / predictive pathing code. Nobody has really gone out to do this because with current measures, it’s hard to find an efficient way to do this from the developer side of things.

See more on that here:

Most A-Chassis based racing leagues use collision groups to make the car collide with walls / the ground but not each other and while I am under the feelings this is more like a test of a time trial that actually -racing- it’s about the best option for A-Chassis as the collisions are pretty awful (cars having their suspension break from contact)

3 Likes

So would you recommend changing my cars to be on Roblox’s “default car chassis”?

I realize this takes away from realistic driving, which is a big thing in a Racing Game, but it also adds the ability to be more realistic in collisions. Which is what I feel a bigger part of racing.

If collisions are what you want, you want tank chassis (“Roblox default chassis”)

Its a matter of weighing the benefits versus the cons.

4 Likes